No announcement yet.

2014 World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're rolling back the years a bit on table 3 aren't we, Mark Williams v Alan McManus with Clive Everton commentating, good stuff. Should be a fairly close match as well, if MJW gets used to the table. 2 - 0 to Angles...

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Looks like most people are watching Alan Willo, i would be to if a local lad were'nt playing.

Typical an incident has happened that i'd liked to have heard commentary on, i wonder if someone can clarify, right, Ford goes in off on the yellow, the yellow lands on top of the black which is over the bottom left pocket as you look, Stevens puts him back in, so Ford puts the cueball roughly on the yellow spot and plays to go cushion first to catch the yellow thin and back to baulk, he misses completley, the cueball comes to rest near the baulk cushion, Stevens makes him play from there, is this strike one? I'm thinking not because the ball has not been replaced, Ford then misses the yellow again and again Steven makes him play from where it lands, so now if it is the 3 mss rule he has to hit it, now Ford tries to play a slow roll up and land on the yellow but pots the black, so he must have needed to hit it, surely the 3 miss rule only comes into play when the ball is replaced each time?
      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattynoy View Post
        No idea why Dominica Dale carried on in the first frame when the score was 89-0 with only 45 points left on the table. he missed the red after 8 points too lol. Strange that, maybe wanted the run of the balls, but he is losing 2-0 atm, i put some money on him today too. Probably lost it already looking dodgey.
        Maybe he was just trying to hit some clean shots to get back in form ....
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          I purchased a ten can box of Fosters Lager and a packet of Tescos Onion Rings. It cost me 4p, as I had money off vouchers.

I will probably have to top up the booze after a day or two of snooker watching, but this is a good start.
          Geez, don't drink the Fosters Lager . . . even us Aussies don't drink that stuff. Metho much better Onion rings probably ok
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

• Are the sessions 4/5/5/5. ?

Comment

• im heading to ponds forge now hoping to meet dominic lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattynoy View Post
                Are the sessions 4/5/5/5. ?
                4/5/4/6.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Heading there now in a green jacket you can't miss me if you wana come and say hi I be watching dale game!

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                    Looks like most people are watching Alan Willo, i would be to if a local lad were'nt playing.

Typical an incident has happened that i'd liked to have heard commentary on, i wonder if someone can clarify, right, Ford goes in off on the yellow, the yellow lands on top of the black which is over the bottom left pocket as you look, Stevens puts him back in, so Ford puts the cueball roughly on the yellow spot and plays to go cushion first to catch the yellow thin and back to baulk, he misses completley, the cueball comes to rest near the baulk cushion, Stevens makes him play from there, is this strike one? I'm thinking not because the ball has not been replaced, Ford then misses the yellow again and again Steven makes him play from where it lands, so now if it is the 3 mss rule he has to hit it, now Ford tries to play a slow roll up and land on the yellow but pots the black, so he must have needed to hit it, surely the 3 miss rule only comes into play when the ball is replaced each time?

I'm pretty sure you are right there and the 3 miss rule would have applied if he hadn't potted the black.....

Where's 'Mr Rule book' aka Dean or Snkref when you need them!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• I'm sure someone will put me straight, i'm of the opinion that the 3 miss rule should not have been applied here because the cueball was not replaced after each miss, so he is playing 3 different shots from 3 seperate positions.

Comment

• And i am assuming Tom was warned he had to hit it on the 3rd attempt thats why he played to land on the yellow dead weight and potted the black, i'm watching on sport lemon with no sound/commentary.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the white remote control looking thingy Eirian Williams is carrying? He keeps looking behind the camera at what i assume is the scoreboard? Surely he isn't scoring the game as well as reffing?

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                            Does anyone know what the white remote control looking thingy Eirian Williams is carrying? He keeps looking behind the camera at what i assume is the scoreboard? Surely he isn't scoring the game as well as reffing?
                            Yes, I think it is a remote scoring thingo . . .

Comment

• lovely break by McManus, 4-4

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Yes, I think it is a remote scoring thingo . . .
                                Who says men cant multi task

Comment

Working...
                                X