No announcement yet.

2014 World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• note about MJWilliams, he has got to get rid of that "low-deflection" cue, he has been terrible since he got it - that is if it survives his bashing it about like he has been...
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      note about MJWilliams, he has got to get rid of that "low-deflection" cue, he has been terrible since he got it - that is if it survives his bashing it about like he has been...
      absolutely, trouble is most people who work with Chris Henry get duped into using one and then their career goes down the pan.

Williams has used 2 I believe, the latest one he had just before Christmas and like you said has struggled with it terribly. I don't believe he is that poor, I really think he needs to get a normal cue and play on instinct like he used to.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dieselman147 View Post
        Looking at the players I would be very surprised if a qualifier gets past the 1st round this year and definitely couldn't see one in the QFs.
        Hmm, looking at who has qualified thus far, I would say you are right. Not sure who from today can go deep into the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
          only applies if the balls have been replaced...

If the striker, in making a stroke, fails to first hit a ball on when there is a
          clear path in a straight line from the cue-ball to any part of any ball that
          is or could be on, the referee shall call FOUL AND A MISS, unless:
          (i) any player needed penalty points before, or as a result of, the
          stroke being played; (see (b) (ii))
          (ii) before or after the stroke, the points available on the table are
          equal to the points difference excluding the value of the re-spotted
          black;
          and the referee is satisfied that the miss was not intentional.
          (c) After a miss has been called under paragraph (b) above when there
          was a clear path in a straight line from the cue-ball to a ball that was
          on or that could have been on, such that central, full-ball, contact was
          available (in the case of Reds, this to be taken as a full diameter of any
          Red that is not obstructed by a colour), then:
          (i) a further failure to first hit a ball on in making a stroke from the
          same position
          shall be called as a FOUL AND A MISS regardless
          of the difference in scores;
          (ii) if asked to play again from the original position, the offender shall
          be warned by the referee that a third failure will result in the frame
          being awarded to his opponent; and
          (iii) if asked to play again from a different position, the Foul and a Miss
          situation starts again.

Exactly what i thought, cheers.
          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• I hope I get to see Doherty's match this weekend. I wouldn't mind seeing Dominic Dale either.

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
              Exactly what i thought, cheers.

Having just watched the incident again on youtube WITH commentary its seems that Tom needed a snooker after the second miss, whoops, its here from 34:00 onwards if you care, perhaps i wasn't paying enough attention to the situation and i got the complete wrong end of the stick lol.

http://youtu.be/lcf3LCAsPkk

Comment

• looking at todays maches the only one thats standing out is wenbo against Martin Gould. the winner of this with a favourable draw could go quite far.
                2013/2014 Season Event Predictor Winner!

Comment

• Can anyone tell me a stream for todays games? I'd like to watch Woolaston v Burnett if poss, i'm watching on sportlemontv at the minute but it has no commentary.

Comment

• from the Wold Snooker Live Scores page the following matches are on the TV tables: Wenbo/Gould & Wilkins/Wasley and is scheduled to start at 11 UK.
                    What are you watching now?

Comment

• Sportlemontv, i'm not the most computer savvy person, with sportlemontv i click on it and i have two matches to choose from, no registration, no sign up fee etc, if someone could point a novice like me in the direction of an equally simple way of watching i'd would be really grateful, Gould/Wenbo looks the pick of the day now.

Comment

Sportlemontv, i'm not the most computer savvy person, with sportlemontv i click on it and i have two matches to choose from, no registration, no sign up fee etc, if someone could point a novice like me in the direction of an equally simple way of watching i'd would be really grateful, Gould/Wenbo looks the pick of the day now.
                        that is all correct and simple as ...

Comment

• I don't think you understand mate, i want another equally simple stream WITH commentary, sportlemontv is silent

Comment

I don't think you understand mate, i want another equally simple stream WITH commentary, sportlemontv is silent
                            ah well, for commentary I think you will have to register and pay for World Snooker TV itself.
                            Nearly all Free stream do not carry the commentary.
                            Maybe the gambling sites may have for some events (Players League I think for one) but again you have to register and pass over some dosh.
                            Maybe someone will pop on with another stream with commentary that I have not yet found.
                            Seriously though I find the commentary-free feed relaxing

Comment

• Fair enough, i'll have to not be such a tight ass then, cheers.

Comment

Fair enough, i'll have to not be such a tight ass then, cheers.
                                beware though, with sites like World Snooker TV, they do not show every event and then there are regional restrictions (which can be circumvented by software (more £)) and when I joined, I then retracted my registeration and got a refund
                                Sportlemon and Eurosport and the BBC (when they bother ) do me good
                                now if only work IT did not block sportlemon

Comment

Working...
                                X