Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did ROS throw the WSC ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did ROS throw the WSC ?

    Just wondering peoples views on the wsc ?

    Does anyone else think RO'S threw the final ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

  • #2
    er.... Nope.

    Comment


    • #3
      Rediculous idea. He just wasnt on his game. Bad day at the office.

      Do think it was his last chance to equal steve davis 6 wins tho. Got a feeling he just isnt hungry enough for it anymore.
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

      Comment


      • #4
        Would have he lost if he was against Carter or Hawkins? I am not sure
        He's a natural player, he needs some kind of rythm to play really well, that was not possible against his opponent.
        He fought until the very end, just can't win them all.

        Comment


        • #5
          think he lost match when e missed pink in last frame of afternoon session, if he went into evening session with a lead may have kicked on, don't think Selby is getting enough credit to be honest
          Craftsman custom made cue
          57 inches
          17 ounces
          9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
          ash shaft plain ebony butt

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jack_dougles View Post
            think he lost match when e missed pink in last frame of afternoon session, if he went into evening session with a lead may have kicked on, don't think Selby is getting enough credit to be honest
            Why do you think he missed the pink ?
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by warren132 View Post
              Why do you think he missed the pink ?
              Because he's useless

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
                Because he's useless
                never thought of that lol
                Craftsman custom made cue
                57 inches
                17 ounces
                9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                ash shaft plain ebony butt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by warren132 View Post
                  Why do you think he missed the pink ?
                  don't know looked like he was trying to get on black and tried to pinch a bit of the pocket to make the angle and hit it too hard
                  Craftsman custom made cue
                  57 inches
                  17 ounces
                  9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                  ash shaft plain ebony butt

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Conspiracy theorists everywhere. Does Hearn want the final ending a session early? Losing all that lively mainstream telly on a Sunday night? Memories of the 2007 final.

                    3-0 up, 8-3 up, 10-5 up, quick look at "the fibres on the tip", miss a dolly black. "Miscounted" at 11-11 Etc etc etc.

                    Other side of that coin is, he's making all the right noises about the record books now, so it's a guy trying to put his name up there against a guy looking to fulfil his life's ambition.

                    Or did Ronnie just decide to keep it close and misjudged it? In 2007 did JH decide to keep it close and judged it right? These are all theories I have heard!

                    The game certainly lacks credibility after everything that has happened but I'm not sure he out and out chucked it. It is between him and his conscience if he gave 100%.

                    I think its a shame in my heart I want to believe Selby cracked him as he did with Roberston in the semis.
                    Last edited by jb134; 9th May 2014, 10:09 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think Ronnie just got sucked into playing the other guys game ! something we all must have done at some time, ok ! Ronnie should have known better, but lets be honest we all expect Ronnie to win every time but thats a big burden, dont write Ronnie off I would make a bet that he will come back and stun us all with another out of this world performance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My Personal thoughts about the Final was when Ronnie missed that Easy Pink! and i mean easy, i could see it then he wasnt going to Win the Final something just wasnt right in that Final.

                        I also think why did he mess about on Pink as he Clearly didnt play to get on Black as he wasnt even on Black if Pink went in as it went on Side Cushion. And he missed so many Blacks off the Spot and so many easy Balls when they were Frame Balls! which he doesnt do made me think did he chuck Final? I wouldnt think so as i thought he wanted to break records and Win another World Final but watching it back makes me think.

                        Ronnie just didnt seem to want it like he did for last 2 yrs for sure, why i dont know but i been playing for 30+yrs and he definately didnt seem hungry enough in Final like he normally has been in past 2 yrs.

                        Nothing against selby he played quite a good last 2 frames even thou Ronnie let him in but it should never have gone that close as Ronnie had so many Chances and at 10-5 Bookies were in for a Hammering as friend of mine runs Bookmakers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jack_dougles View Post
                          don't know looked like he was trying to get on black and tried to pinch a bit of the pocket to make the angle and hit it too hard
                          Which would have been OK if he needed the black, but he was already 10 ahead before the pink so he just needed to make sure of the pot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jb134 View Post
                            Conspiracy theorists everywhere. Does Hearn want the final ending a session early? Losing all that lively mainstream telly on a Sunday night? Memories of the 2007 final.

                            3-0 up, 8-3 up, 10-5 up, quick look at "the fibres on the tip", miss a dolly black. "Miscounted" at 11-11 Etc etc etc.

                            Other side of that coin is, he's making all the right noises about the record books now, so it's a guy trying to put his name up there against a guy looking to fulfil his life's ambition.

                            Or did Ronnie just decide to keep it close and misjudged it? In 2007 did JH decide to keep it close and judged it right? These are all theories I have heard!

                            The game certainly lacks credibility after everything that has happened but I'm not sure he out and out chucked it. It is between him and his conscience if he gave 100%.

                            I think its a shame in my heart I want to believe Selby cracked him as he did with Roberston in the semis.
                            class post mate, good points well stated
                            Craftsman custom made cue
                            57 inches
                            17 ounces
                            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                            ash shaft plain ebony butt

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              on monday he played the worst ive ever seen him play since he was 15.. if i was looking out for him like steve and the like, these proper head coaches and he was about to walk out with a different hair doo, i would drag the cant back in and fluffed it back to how it was before and said wtf you doing fella? lets go time to play.. but that player that walked out on monday was an imposter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X