Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    though i agree with this in many ways
    So, I do know what I am talking about. I must have played the game at some point then..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      MS won and it was not due to flukes. It was due to fantastic matchplay snooker, which, if you are a true snooker player, is great to watch. MS played the percentages to perfection and some of his safety play was very clever and well thought out. The icing on the cake and a fitting end to the final was the way he cleared up to win it, it was like he got him on the canvas and finished him.

Ronnie met a player that was not going to get mentally bullied, it was as simple as that. That ( imo ) irritates him and thats why MS has a great record against him.
      Good post.

Comment

NO, I actually like the game, hence paying for my own space and table.
        and on the other hand i fell madly in love with this game a long time ago, slept with my mum till i was 16 whilst spinning the tops of ice cream cartons to the corners of the room to find the angle.. never had my own table but i'm on hand to help if you think you need it

Comment

You clearly need some coaching and tips in "temperament management". It'll bring on your game.
          thanks throtts, and respect too you for digging into the next layer

Comment

i have blood running through my vains, heart based and music/sound centric and, someone like ms with the post human head like conundrum attitude will never win me/us over. we're surrounded by these ever encroaching machines and with all due respect we don't need any more.. more heart and soul please

Comment

Further to my earlier comments regarding O'S and Hendry there are 2 other players I liked watching play. Alex Higgins, I met him in 1972 shortly after he won his 1st WSC, a gentleman and a sensational player and of course the greatest player to never win the WSC Jimmy White. To include Selby's name with the 4 players I have mentioned is an absolute joke. Go slow tactic's has never been a part of their game or mine.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                To include Selby's name with the 4 players I have mentioned is an absolute joke. Go slow tactic's has never been a part of their game or mine.
                "Go slow tactics" belong to Ebdon not MS. Its very blatant with PE.

MS would not want his name included with those 4, why should he?.

And Jimmy White never won the WC because of his very poor shot selection and the way he handled the pressure in the finals. I was desperate to see him win at least one but TBH he took so many 50 50 pots on and paid the price big time against Hendry, and of course Hendry knew the chances would come and then he would pick them up.

You need a mix of all players otherwise a century in every frame would become boring. Not enough drama..
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

"Go slow tactics" belong to Ebdon not MS. Its very blatant with PE.
                  often pe would play ether the right shot or do something creative to resolve a situation but ms on the other hand would go ultra negative

Comment

Working...
                  X