Comment

• oh my godnes

ronnie misses the black

Comment

• ants choked big time on the yellow

Comment

• ronnie still looks rattled

Comment

• heartbreaking for anthony mcgill..hard to come back from that miss i would imagine..

Comment

• Let off in the 8th frame for Ronnie..

Comment

• A high quality end to the match. It could have been closer but I'm happy to see Ronnie being made to work for his win.

Comment

• Bingham is a class act!

Comment

• Good match. :smile:

McGill should have won it really, he missed two sitters on simple colours clearances and lost those frames as a result. He then made a lovely century when the pressure lifted off him a little, but he will look back at the chances he had when the match was close. Unfortunately I've never seen a player who misses those kinds of sitters suddenly become a good pressure player, but hopefully McGill can prove me wrong in the future. He had a pretty good week in any case.

As for O'Sullivan... that red to the middle in the last frame was tremendous, and he generally looked pretty good at short range, but from distance he pretty much messed up everything he attempted. I don't think he will get as many gifts in the semi-finals, whomever he plays.

Unfortunately I could not watch the other match like I wanted, because of the lack of coverage, but I'm just catching up on it from 3-1 onwards. I take it that Bingham being a class act means he ends up winning. :smile:

Comment

• Slight over exaggeration, Ronnie messed up the 2nd frame, again in frame 6 when he dominated the safety and should of gone 4-2 up

Swings and roundabouts

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                          Slight over exaggeration, Ronnie messed up the 2nd frame, again in frame 6 when he dominated the safety and should of gone 4-2 up

Swings and roundabouts
                          Yes, the 6th frame was an interesting one. Decided on the colours in the end, with a couple of wasted chances from both players, but O'Sullivan actually had a great chance of a clearance earlier in the frame. He played the cannon to the last red and just pushed it to the black cushion, somewhat unlucky. I was surprised he played the cannon, because in the previous frame he potted a similar red along the side cushion even though it hit the cushion well before the pocket. So, with that in mind, I thought he would go for the pot again, rather than risk playing the cannon. :smile:

Comment

• Good start from Maguire. I wonder if Fu will regret giving the first frame up like that, he had an easy plant with a red over the pocket, but he finished in one of the few places where the colour wasn't a sitter. 15 minutes later it's 2-0 and Maguire really has a chance to take control of the match. :smile:

Comment

• Another frame that could have gone either way. I had a feeling it would go to Maguire, because he was getting away with so many misses, but Fu makes it 2-1 with good pots on blue and pink. Big frame coming up. :smile:

Comment

• Trump playing well but has to remain focused.
                                He seems at times to be too interested in the
                                other match.
                                Fu takes a key frame and its a tight match.

Comment

Working...
                                X