The Masters Jan 11 - 18, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Miss Ellie View Post
    Are you a Selby or Murphy fan? That should be a good match, hope you can manage to get home to see the evening match as well, do you live far from Ally Pally?
    To be honest, I'm seeing it more because I believe it'll be a good match. I probably like Selby more personality-wise than Murphy, though I do admire Murphy's game. I'm really just hoping for a good match, and may decide who I want to win whilst watching the match.

I live in South London. But London being the size it is getting from one side to another can be a mission. Usually takes me about 75 minutes to get from the Ally Pally to my flat, but with Sunday travel it might take a bit longer. Match would have to be finished before half five for me to stand a chance of getting home for 7. Might happen, doesn't always.

Comment

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
      Shaun Murphy has withdrawn from the Championship League due to illness and has been replaced by Mark King.

I wonder if this will have any bearing on his match on Sunday?

Comment

If Shaun cannot be there on Sunday what will happen? Will Selby just go through automatically or will he have to play someone else?
        My top 5 players: 1. Ronnie O'Sullivan 2. Judd Trump 3. Neil Robertson 4. Marco Fu 5. Ding Junhui

Ronnie O'Sullivan is my hero!

Comment

Originally Posted by Miss Ellie View Post
          If Shaun cannot be there on Sunday what will happen? Will Selby just go through automatically or will he have to play someone else?
          I think the next player in the rank will be offered the place, which would be Graham Dott (remember Ali Carter place was protected with his absence)
          Last edited by DeanH; 5 January 2015, 06:09 PM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I think the next player in the rank will be offered the place, which would be Graham Dott (remember Ali Carter place was protected with his absence)
            Ah yes I forgot about that, thanks for filling me in!
            My top 5 players: 1. Ronnie O'Sullivan 2. Judd Trump 3. Neil Robertson 4. Marco Fu 5. Ding Junhui

Comment

ah ha! just got hahasport working for the first time all day!

both tables
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I will say Maguire and Ding will be the performers this outing.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

The Masters Jan 11 - 18, 2015

I think it will be Ronnie and Judd in the final again (if Judd is still on the same form as he was before Christmas). With Ronnie winning it outright.

Comment

Hard to predict when you're not sure how any of them are going to be playing, I'm just gonna wait and see!

Comment

I have a feeling Ronnie will flop. That's what he's done in the past after winning the UK.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dani View Post
                        I have a feeling Ronnie will flop. That's what he's done in the past after winning the UK.
                        Possible of course, but I can't really recall any recent occasions when he's flopped - he may not win the tournament, of course, but I can't remember him putting in any terrible performances during the Peters years.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          Possible of course, but I can't really recall any recent occasions when he's flopped - he may not win the tournament, of course, but I can't remember him putting in any terrible performances during the Peters years.
                          Just the one against Un-Nooh in the German qualifiers when he clearly didn't want to be there!

Comment

Originally Posted by moose View Post
                            Just the one against Un-Nooh in the German qualifiers when he clearly didn't want to be there!
                            Not sure wilfully throwing a match counts as a terrible performance!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                              Not sure wilfully throwing a match counts as a terrible performance!
                              Haha yeah fair enough I suppose

Comment

In the last three years the UK Champions have done a little better at the Masters, Selby even managed to win both events in 2012/2013. I think the changes to the calendar have contributed a lot to that, because there is now a larger bloc of big events, with the the International Championship, the Champion of Champions and these two all in a space of three months.

But the first few years since the Masters was moved to January were terrible for the UK Champions. I think they went out in the 1st round of the Masters for six years in a row (Ding actually didn't even play in 2006). O'Sullivan was among them, as well as Ebdon, Murphy, Higgins and Ding, and the losing UK finalists didn't do much better either. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X