2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Well I woke up this morning all excited and bounced out of bed, then reality hit - "FRIDAY!"
    I really did think it was Saturday :nightmare:

Up the TSF! :snooker:

know the feeling, not that much to wait though

Comment

cant find any info on the World Snooker new website, like they used to publish the broadcast details for the event, so below is the link to the BBC schedule, they have their usual schedule and Red Button and the Website links.
      Eurosport are also showing the event but don't have a full schedule (I am sure they will have more live than BBC )
      and of course their will be the usual suspects on the streaming sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/27069001

WorldSnookerLiveSports I am sure is showing the event - regional restrictions can apply

I hope our AU cousins get to watch as much as possible.

after some digging found the WS site's info:
      http://www.worldsnooker.com/tv-listings/
      Last edited by DeanH; 17 April 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Buzzing about Craig Steadman getting through to the TV stages.... and drawing Ronnie in the first round

What a debut and what a career high point for him...
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Yeah like a lot of pro players he devoted his life to the game and yet he gets the reward - many players never set foot at the final stages of the World Championships - quite something - an achievement they can never take away from him and he is there on merit in good form. I hope he enjoys himself and plays well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            Yeah like a lot of pro players he devoted his life to the game and yet he gets the reward - many players never set foot at the final stages of the World Championships - quite something - an achievement they can never take away from him and he is there on merit in good form. I hope he enjoys himself and plays well.
            he used to turn out religiously on Thursdays in the Bolton league.... giving 50-70 starts week in week out. Smashed most of 'em off the table too. Lovely guy, amazing player. Hope he gives Ronnie a match to remember.

Sentiment is making me put a tenner on him. Wasley did Ding last year so I'm hoping (even though I would love ROS to get another title)
            #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Morning everyone, 2 hours to go

Comment

Live on bbc 2 at 10am also I think.

Makes a change normally only the red button for morning matches.

Last chance for a bet before odds start to change.

Top four, ronnie not worth betting on im. If he goes behind in a match then odds get better.

Selby, don't think he will break the curse.

Ding. Not likel, sadly.

Leaves

Trump and Robertson for me.

Outside that. Maybe Murphy.

I rather do the who wins each quarter bet as easier to predict than overall.

Also like an massive first round accumulator, all the seeds again?

Touch match for Ding though, bet he can't believe his luck here.

Any shouts for first round upsets?

Steadman?

All four first timers to win?

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                  he used to turn out religiously on Thursdays in the Bolton league.... giving 50-70 starts week in week out. Smashed most of 'em off the table too. Lovely guy, amazing player. Hope he gives Ronnie a match to remember.

Sentiment is making me put a tenner on him. Wasley did Ding last year so I'm hoping (even though I would love ROS to get another title)
                  used to play in the bury league as well doing the same!

Comment

under 1 hour to go, the wife off to work, the children are all going on their laptops/DSs/DVDs
                    had my toast and cup of tea

I am ready, "contestants ready?!"

I hope Maflin has a good showing (for himself mainly as well as for the show)

Will start watching with BBC and then go over to Eurosport I think...

Comment

I even did the food shop last night.

No need to leave the house till work on Monday.

Shane ronnie's first round sessions are both in the daytime, might have to go do some work in the warehouse for a few days.

Comment

I thought both opening saturday morning matches finished on saturday night,would have been more of a buzz if they were.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                          I thought both opening saturday morning matches finished on saturday night,would have been more of a buzz if they were.
                          Match 1 is always the current champion and is played in the first morning session and is completed that same day (today ) in the evening session. All other matches are played over two days (from what I can see form the sessions listing).
                          Ronnie's is on the afternoon of the 21st and the morning of the 22nd.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Match 1 is always the current champion and is played in the first morning session and is completed that same day (today ) in the evening session. All other matches are played over two days (from what I can see form the sessions listing).
                            Ronnie's is on the afternoon of the 21st and the morning of the 22nd.
                            But was that always the case ? Just curious

Comment

Fantastic. Just 6 minutes now Let's get the boys on the baize ! Really looking forward to some good quality long (!) matches, close and tense finishes and many final frame deciders. That's all one can ask for, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X