X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by zombieman View Post
    Here's Ding doing the same thing without penalty:
    https://youtu.be/60JOmstCkKk?t=1h33m33s

Although I'd like a ref to explain to me how that is not "using an object to measure gaps or distance", which is a foul of 7 points.
    Totally agree. What else were they doing? It must have been to help them see if the black would fit on its spot. The look on NR's face is priceless. I think NR thought it was a foul too.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• im not watching, can someone explain 'chalkgate' to me?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
        im not watching, can someone explain 'chalkgate' to me?
        Picture tells a thousand words

chalkgate.jpg

7 point foul - it is in the rules- Penalties 10d (ii) uses any object to measure gaps or distance" Seems like this is what ROS is doing here.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Ronnie needs to go get his head together. Paging Dr Peters....
          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Hawkins completely in the zone...

Comment

• Did I then see Stuart with an accurate cue

Comment

• Pretty superb stuff from Hawkins actually.

Comment

• Some of the clowns in The Winter Gardens crowd need a slap. These are grown men, for Pete's sake!
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Great viewing today. McGill showing no respect to another top player (In a good way) and looks like another evening of top snooker tonight.
                    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• so will ronnie come back seeing how out of sorts he was earlier?

Comment

• Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
                        so will ronnie come back seeing how out of sorts he was?
                        I think so but I would love to see Bingham push him all the way.
                        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Ronnie took on to many risky pots really when Stuart was looking a little bit edgy and the missed pink from Ronnie when leading 3-2 was shocking!

Comment

• http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/snooker/32502603

O'Sullivan, 39, placed his chalk on the table in the fifth frame but was not reprimanded by the referee.
                            A World Snooker spokesman told BBC Sport it will investigate the incident.
                            As I commented it should've been a foul, but this is ridiculous. Ref didn't call a foul and that should be the end of it. Maybe educate the refs next time.

Comment

• Yes ref should have called. But if you put yourself in his shoes, he only had a few seconds to decide, and it would have been a big call to make. I think he bottled it, but I also think that's understandable.
                              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Don't think I've ever seen Ding this curiously happy (and distracted). Wouldn't be surprised if he and the missus are expecting!
                                Last edited by daffie; 28 April 2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X