2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Who goes to a live match for the commentary? Commentary was always (and should remain) a feature for armchair viewers such as myself.
    Why? Either commentary has a use or it doesn't, and to be honest, it's less useful to people with access to panoramic views of the table, as oppose to people sitting in a fixed seat with a fat narcoleptic leaning on them and a man with a head the size of a fridge in front. For example.

What has made an upsetting appearance this week, however, is those ridiculous banners introduced by Hearn in his first months in charge. The ones people can quickly unfurl that say "Great shot!" or "Ton up" *shudders*

Comment

Some of the clowns in The Winter Gardens crowd need a slap. These are grown men, for Pete's sake!
      I think the local nut house gets complimentary tickets for the Winter Gardens
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
        There we go again ... great chance to make a match of it and Trump gets the run to make Ding lose his mind ... frustrating to watch ... I do not care who wins but wanted a tight match
        Yip he definitely got the run and hasn't deserved this lead at all, how much you won?

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Yeah I know, kinda agree as well. Still Ron should have handled it differently. He needs to learn to have more respect regarding refs.
          Or learn to use his brain correctly before opening his mouth

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
            To be fair Ding was given very few chances to play well this evening, as Trump for the main part was simply sublime..
            +1 Trump was on fire, although i did sigh when Virgo mentioned naughty snooker

Wibble

Comment

• Haha Sport i use
              :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

• Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                How are people who can't watch the matches live watching them?

Youtube has nearly all the session available, but it seems tough to watch al of it. I've been mainly watching the century breaks and only seen the second session between Ding and Higgins so far. Seems like I'm missing out on a lot of quality snooker.
                Watching on Hahasport too. Bet365 is another option. Loving the very late nights of watching the 'Greatest show on Earth'.

Go Neil!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Jv bumming Trump when he plays a spin shot when he's past the winning post is getting really old. Is like he's never watched snooker before.
                  Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Robertson-Hawkins was high quality throughout. Was it something like 400 points Hawkins scored without reply after the interval? If he continues to play like that he has every chance, but I expect the match to turn in Robertson's favour again tomorrow.
                    It is 410 points if I am counting right. However I am not sure if the fouls also counts or those are just points you score yourself (it would have been a bit less then). I would not underestimate Barry, he has been scoring pretty heavily against M. Allen, so we could be for close finish.

I have only seen yesterday evening session - Trump was scarry good and to demolish Ding so hard is quite impressive.

The second match I saw was also good one, I think Murphy will come through but in close battle, something like 13-11 or so. I really like Anthony McGill, superb player and seems to be a nice person too. Same goes with Shaun ofc. When I started watching snooker back in 2006, I was not of his biggest fans (Matthew's Stevens fan), but now I admire him and rate him really high.

I am also happy Stuart is in lead and I hope he will come on top today, as I think he deserved what would be his first semi-final in Sheffield if I am right.

Comment

Mmm, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I think Ronnie probably had every right to get irritable with him if he was constantly getting under his feet. I'm not suggesting referring a long match is easy, but he does seem overly casual and slow in my opinion.
                      Agree to disagree...to an extent I agree on finding the demeanor of Marcel (the ref) somewhat annoying, he seems a bit too casual (and slow at times). He could improve on that. But...he is a good ref.

At the same time, Ron is the only player who has a problem with it, and he has a tendency to let it show (very personally) in a rather displeasing way...and I definately do not agree with that. There are ways of handling things...(take it up with the ref after the match in a normal/respectful way, or else have the snooker body intervene if he really deems it to be an issue).

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                      Or learn to use his brain correctly before opening his mouth
                      Exactly!
                      Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Well if the commentators could control themselves and not rabbit on so much then it wouldn't be a problem
                        I know, right. There are times where I think I'd pay £5 not to hear them....

More seriously though, I've never understood why you'd go to a live sporting event to get commentary. Seems to defeat the purpose. Attending live sport should be about getting a different experience to watching it on TV.

Comment

• I'm in catch up mode due to work commits but the first session of Judd vs Ding was incredible. When Judd is firing on all cylinders he's amazing to watch and has that Ronnie ability to make the game look rediculously easy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            I know, right. There are times where I think I'd pay £5 not to hear them....

More seriously though, I've never understood why you'd go to a live sporting event to get commentary. Seems to defeat the purpose. Attending live sport should be about getting a different experience to watching it on TV.
                            I agree with this there is no need to babble on every shot and describe everything and anything - the commentators have no idea of using their presence and silence to build up the tension and excitement in a game like Ted Lowe used to do.

Hendry does not rabbit on - he is the best of a bad bunch for me. If he had a good commentator alongside he would shine even brighter.

Comment

• They seem to have shifted the ROS - Bingham & Ding - Trump sessions around? Meaning Ronnie and Bingham have to play back to back sessions this afternoon and this evening, seems a little unfair. Wonder why?

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                                It is 410 points if I am counting right. However I am not sure if the fouls also counts or those are just points you score yourself (it would have been a bit less then).
                                Yes, fouls count as well. So if Hawkins had fouled his points without reply run would have been broken.

Another good break from him this morning, it looks like Robertson will have a tough job to stick with him. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X