No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really enjoying this match. Murphy now with the upper hand... 9-6 up.

Would be nice and somewhat crucial for Anthony to win this last frame tonight.
    Last edited by daffie; 28 April 2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Still Ron should have handled it differently. He needs to learn to have more respect regarding refs.
      Well I'm not sure how it all came out. According to that article it was during an interview and personally speaking I don't think airing your disappointment concerning a referee is disrespectful.

Anyway, back to this year. C'mon, Ant. Don't run out of steam now.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Well I'm not sure how it all came out. According to that article it was during an interview and personally speaking I don't think airing your disappointment concerning a referee is disrespectful.
        It was during the game, a couple times when Ron decided to show his annoyance with the ref. A bit like a spoiled brat really
        Last edited by daffie; 28 April 2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Trump is on fire and he has matured in so
          many positive ways in all aspects of his game.
          Ding just wasnt playing well which didnt help.
          Robertson down 3-5 is a surprise as is O'Sullivan
          who seems to be displaying poor sportsmanship
          a lot this tournament.
          Hopefully Murphy can keep adding to his 9-7
          lead tomorrow.
          Some great snooker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
            Trump is on fire and he has matured in so
            many positive ways in all aspects of his game.
            Ding just wasnt playing well which didnt help.
            To be fair Ding was given very few chances to play well this evening, as Trump for the main part was simply sublime..
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

It was during the game, a couple times when Ron decided to show his annoyance with the ref. A bit like a spoiled brat really
              I think Ronnie has absolutely no clue what it means to be a Referee.
              He should ref a best of 35 between Tony Drago and Rod Lawler once! :biggrin:
              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• I have noticed this week that the referees have had to tell the audience to turn their ear pieces down on several occasions, Eurosport also mentioned this and said something as to be done about it, both Anthony McGill and Shaun Murphy did not seam to pleased about it and Anthony complained to the referee tonight about it as well. I noticed Shaun was having a discussion at the end of the send session with Anthony and one of the scorers, I wonder if both were saying about the ear pieces.
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Why does anyone want an earpiece to hear Taylor, Virgo and Thorne droning on?
                  Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                    I have noticed this week that the referees have had to tell the audience to turn their ear pieces down on several occasions, ....
                    Well if the commentators could control themselves and not rabbit on so much then it wouldn't be a problem

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                      Why does anyone want an earpiece to hear Taylor, Virgo and Thorne droning on?
                      10 minutes of those 2 and i'd confess to being the man on the grassy knoll ffs.

Comment

Mmm, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I think Ronnie probably had every right to get irritable with him if he was constantly getting under his feet. I'm not suggesting referring a long match is easy, but he does seem overly casual and slow in my opinion.

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                        [...] as Trump for the main part was simply sublime..
                        Couldn't put it better myself. It's like the stir and excitement he caused when he first came on the scene, only more so because he's a far better player now.

Gotta feel sorry for Ding, but what can you do against that???
                        Last edited by Billy; 28 April 2015, 11:39 PM.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                          I have noticed this week that the referees have had to tell the audience to turn their ear pieces down on several occasions, Eurosport also mentioned this and said something as to be done about it, both Anthony McGill and Shaun Murphy did not seam to pleased about it and Anthony complained to the referee tonight about it as well. I noticed Shaun was having a discussion at the end of the send session with Anthony and one of the scorers, I wonder if both were saying about the ear pieces.
                          i was watching the match between Murphy and McGill. it was during the last frame, it seemed like Jason Mohammed the BBC presenter came through the earpieces, and it was really loud. the commentary from Parrot and Taylor was quite but when Jason Mohammed started to speak the earpieces picked up the transmission from his microphone, he was recording for the evening highlights and we could hear everything , his voice came over the match commentary.
                          Last edited by alabadi; 28 April 2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                            i was watching the match between Murphy and McGill. it was during the last frame, it seemed like Jason Mohammed the BBC presenter came through the earpieces, and it was really loud. the commentary from Parrot and Taylor was quite but when Jason Mohammed started to speak the earpieces picked up the transmission from his microphone, he was recording for the evening highlights and we could hear everything , his voice came over the match commentary.
                            I know they were introduced as a money-maker, but on the whole I think the ear-pieces were a big mistake. Who goes to a live match for the commentary? Commentary was always (and should remain) a feature for armchair viewers such as myself.

Comment

• I overexerted myself a little today, I tried to watch all six games consecutively and only just finished. :smile:

It's funny, the Trump-Ding match was the one I was looking forward to the most, but it wasn't much of a contest. It was still good to see Trump playing so well though, he was impossible to keep away from the table today and he scored very heavily. It was reminiscent of his demolitions of Gould and Dott in 2011. :smile: I wouldn't say Ding didn't have a chance though, his long-potting was very average, especially in the first part of the match when he went 6-0 down, and he threw away a couple of frames where he had clear chances in the balls.

On the other hand, O'Sullivan-Bingham is surprisingly competitive. The first four frames were excellent, then they started missing a few, but the result means O'Sullivan will probably have to produce some of his best snooker tomorrow, which should be good to see.

Robertson-Hawkins was high quality throughout. Was it something like 400 points Hawkins scored without reply after the interval? If he continues to play like that he has every chance, but I expect the match to turn in Robertson's favour again tomorrow.

Murphy-McGill was very enjoyable as well, centuries flying in from Murphy all day, but McGill has kept himself in the match pretty well, and Murphy will be under pressure tomorrow. :smile:

Comment

• How are people who can't watch the matches live watching them?

Youtube has nearly all the session available, but it seems tough to watch al of it. I've been mainly watching the century breaks and only seen the second session between Ding and Higgins so far. Seems like I'm missing out on a lot of quality snooker.

Comment

Working...
                                X