No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think its consistency that's his problem, its his mindset that he adheres to when he starts missing a few, he should adapt a more rounded game plan, say now he opens the bunch but takes on a 1 in 10 pot instead of playing safe and waiting for a better chance, it works for Selby and even trump now

He may not pot them all but his positional play now is dire

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Btw no-one else watching this (except for myself and brusque)??!!
      Probably one of those matches where no one wants to come away from the tv. I'm watching it and loving it.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Probably one of those matches where no one wants to come away from the tv. I'm watching it and loving it.
        I hear ya...still a bit lonely out here Fantastic match!

Comment

• 2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Btw no-one else watching this (except for myself and brusque)??!!
          you are not alone
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
            It's possible that Ronnie missed a few and started to get down on himself, which has happened in the past. But I don't think he's been playing all that well in any of his matches. At a certain age, you just start to lose concentration and miss shots that you would have made previously. It happened to all the great players. He's just lasted longer than most due to immense natural talent and probably physical fitness has helped. But he's only human. Sooner or later he won't be able to play up to world-class standard, obviously he hasn't reached that point yet, but he might not have the game, intensity and durability to last two weeks at the Crucible any more.
            That's one of the most measured and sensible analysis of O'Sullivan I've read in some time.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              you are not alone
              Fantastic!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Fantastic!
                +1

Comment

• 2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

a good match with both playing very well

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                    +1
                    Very nice!

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    a good match with both playing very well
                    What an opening red that was from Barry!

Ok I'll shut up now...
                    Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Didn't realise I put Robertson to win in 3 of my 4 bets.....come on!

Comment

• Isn't Bingham the same age as ROS? He's in the semi's!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                          Isn't Bingham the same age as ROS? He's in the semi's!!
                          Three years younger, I think. ROS '92, Bingham '95.

NO, forget that, that's when they turned pro :biggrin-new:

I can be such a smeggin air head at times!

Comment

• Perhaps a little unfair of me to say this, but please not Hawkins in the final again.

The worse case scenario for this WC is Hawkins v Bingham, providing the draw makes that a possible? Neither of them do anything for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                              Isn't Bingham the same age as ROS? He's in the semi's!!
                              Three years younger, I think. ROS '92, Bingham '95.

NO, forget that, that's when they turned pro :biggrin-new:

I can be such a smeggin air head at times!
                              Ronnie 1975
                              Stuart 1976

Comment

Perhaps a little unfair of me to say this, but please not Hawkins in the final again.

The worse case scenario for this WC is Hawkins v Bingham, providing the draw makes that a possible? Neither of them do anything for me.
                                Personally I think that could make for an excellent final.

Both steady players, not flashy or flamboyant so no crazy shots or anything else that's mucky. Good tight matchplay...'s what I like!

And also both players I would like to see win it (one day).
                                Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X