No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great first session, flew by for me. I thought I was going to have to do a fair bit of channel hopping but there was no need in the end. McGill pretty much carrying on from where he left off, despite back to back tons from Murphy giving him a 2 - 0 lead. Think we can all guess who'll be happier with 4 - 4, all things considered.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Did any one here the ref in the 2nd Frame..........Neil Sullivan 7 !!!!
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Taylor talking for the sake of talking . So far ........' Ronnie looks tired today ' .......next frame..........' Ronnie looks relaxed today '
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Taylor talking for the sake of talking . So far ........' Ronnie looks tired today ' .......next frame..........' Ronnie looks relaxed today '
          It's dead simple isn't it, if there's nothing to say, say nothing.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Please Dennis! Your supposed to be commentating, not delivering a frigging monologue!
            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• So, Chalkgate.

Whether it was a foul or not, I'm not even sure what Ronnie was doing. It's not like the chalk is the same width as a ball, so what did it tell him anyway?
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Here's Ding doing the same thing without penalty:
                https://youtu.be/60JOmstCkKk?t=1h33m33s

Although I'd like a ref to explain to me how that is not "using an object to measure gaps or distance", which is a foul of 7 points.

Comment

• Ronnie is a disgrace in this match. Sad to see him play and behave like this.

Comment

• Would have been interesting to see Ronnies reaction if the ref had blown.

Comment

• Originally Posted by zombieman View Post
                      Here's Ding doing the same thing without penalty:
                      https://youtu.be/60JOmstCkKk?t=1h33m33s

Although I'd like a ref to explain to me how that is not "using an object to measure gaps or distance", which is a foul of 7 points.
                      But I'll say again, the chalk isn't the same width as a ball, so what does it tell them anyway?
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        But I'll say again, the chalk isn't the same width as a ball, so what does it tell them anyway?
                        It could be they know how many chalk's width is a ball's width. Anyway, I don't think the rule has to cover whether an object is useful for measuring or not - it's the intention that counts.

Comment

• Not sure what he doing. But seeing Ronnie doing anything erratic like that is a worry.

Comment

• Originally Posted by zombieman View Post
                            It could be they know how many chalk's width is a ball's width. Anyway, I don't think the rule has to cover whether an object is useful for measuring or not - it's the intention that counts.
                            True. And ignorance isn't a defense anyway. Ref should have stepped in.

Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                            Not sure what he doing. But seeing Ronnie doing anything erratic like that is a worry.
                            Yes, I've already said there's been a few incidents at this year's WC that suggest his mental state is slipping slightly. Seems very niggled to me.
                            Last edited by Billy; 28 April 2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• is it just me or someone else also thinks Hawk is gonna beat Robertson?

Comment

• I'd hate to see another Ronnie vs Hawkins final.

Comment

Working...
                                X