2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Do you dislike Trump? Or just think he has the rub of the green?
    I do not dislike Trump but I feel for Fu because that was his chance to put Trump under pressure ... and Trump always gets the rub

Comment

• Perry sure was having a dreadful day and it
      will be a slim chance for him to come back.
      Robertson and O'Sullivan up soon.

Comment

• Oh dear, even when he was past snookers required Perry still found a way to lose the frame. Murphy has done most of the work in the 1st session already, decent chance to win with a session to spare now.

Comment

• What is wrong with Perry ... OK the way he was playing I felt so confident that I put 1000 DKK on Smurf to win frame 8 ... when Smurf gifted the frame away I was cursing my terrible decision (may be also explained why Smurf can never win much unless he instills this ruthless killer instinct that champions have. His opponent is down and he gives it away so easily) ... anyway Perry limped along to one snooker needed and any club player would have won that frame after that but Perry simply had lost his mind completely .... relieved to save my money but still feel sad for Perry .... He played liek a champion against RoS last year n here he cant pot a ball against a much easier opponent than RoS ... must be devastating ... cant see how he can take it toa third session

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Maybe replacing Clive?
            I wouldn't say Clive's commentary was like Steve's. Steve commentates like he's forgotten how to talk.

"Well..................................... he's on this red, but............................. in order to get on the black.................... he'll need to power it so hard that.............................................. .................................................. ............ there's a good chance it could go wrong."
            Last edited by Billy; 26 April 2015, 12:31 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I think McGill needs to have his wits about him when he plays Murphy. Murphy will feed off McGill's popularity and take great pleasure from causing an upset.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Was going to watch Murphy and Perry today, but it wasn't on BBC and Eurosport. Didn't feel like watching it on computer, so settled for Trump and Fu.

Be a shame if Murphy wins with a session to spare now, because I'll miss the end of Trump and Fu being at work tomorrow.

Still, the BBC being the BBC, decided to put the exact same thing on BBC Interactive as they put on BBC 1. And of course, Eurosport wanted the London Marathon on as well, and the cycling Tour of Cyprus or wherever it was.

So ended up watching Trump and Fu. Though, it was a good session, I'll give them that.

Comment

• please please bbc get rid of the background audience in the winter gardens area. i really don't need to see all the pricks trying to get themselves on tv.

Comment

• What is up with Rob Walker? I am watching stream and there was some one else doing players introductions?

Btw. any stream for Robertson v Carter match?
                    Last edited by Hal; 26 April 2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
                      please please bbc get rid of the background audience in the winter gardens area. i really don't need to see all the pricks trying to get themselves on tv.
                      Amen to that!

Comment

• I do wish they'd stop trying to 'big up' snooker and claim it's something it's not.

WT yesterday referring to the crowd, "And boy do they love their snooker... as we all do."

No, not really, Willie. Snooker as a spectator sport is fairly low down in the charts.

DT just now, "And you know, John, last year's World Championship was watched around the world by an audience of 300,000,000."

Yes, Dennis, and 299,000,000 of those were from China.

I love my snooker and would dearly love to see it reach the level of popularity it did in the 80s, but while it's heading in the right direction, we're not there yet.
                        Last edited by Billy; 26 April 2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                          What is up with Rob Walker? I am watching stream and there was some one else doing players introductions?
                          He was providing commentary at the London marathon.
                          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I'v nothing against players like Murphy,Bingham,Fu,Carter,Ding but they just can't fight it out in long matches.

Ronnie,Robertson & Trump have clear edge over others.

To go all the way u need more then just good technique and talent.

Mental Stamina,Hunger to win and Determination are very important.

Most of the players are already mentally drained when the reach business end bcoz of the long format of WC.
                            My deep screw shot
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• Cater has now missed 2 easy pink balls in
                              the middle pockets allowing Robertson to
                              take 2 frames. Robertson made 2 nice
                              clearances when that happened.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                                I'v nothing against players like Murphy,Bingham,Fu,Carter,Ding but they just can't fight it out in long matches.

Ronnie,Robertson & Trump have clear edge over others.

To go all the way u need more then just good technique and talent.

Mental Stamina,Hunger to win and Determination are very important.

Most of the players are already mentally drained when the reach business end bcoz of the long format of WC.
                                I would put this year's Murphy in the same tier as Ronnie, Robbo, and Trump and I'm hoping Ding will get stronger as the tournament progresses.

Comment

Working...
                                X