2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    Will the centuries record go this year you think?
    I think so yes. Bingham and Murphy on the same table. Centuries galore I hope :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
      I think so yes. Bingham and Murphy on the same table. Centuries galore I hope :snooker:
      could be 10 in the final!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• You never know!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
          Last year.....
          Selby Vs Robertson

So no

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            not sure about no pressure... final frame decider there is always pressure!
            There is always pressure but the pressure on Bingham on that planet wasn't anywhere near the same level of pressure that both players had earlier in the frame on long reds that might have gone into the pack.

Ultimately this match until the final session was about Trump making a few too many mistakes under not the most pressure.

Well done to Bingham, though I'm disappointed now to see Trump in the final, Bingham fully deserves it. Even with was a pro Trump crowd and even with Trump starting to bang in balls from everywhere he held his nerve amazingly.

Trump is 25, he will improve but the more and more he loses these close matches the more and more it will weigh on his shoulders in the future. He should end up like Ronnie, Davis or Hendry as a multiple world champion, but could end up like White.

Comment

• In other sports you'd put the winner of the easier semi-final as the favourite because of fitness and recovery time factors. But in snooker adrenaline and mental energy levels that out. I'm going to say Murphy wins this final 18-13. I'd like Bingham to win, very much so it really would be one of those amazing sporting stories but I can't see how it'll happen.

Comment

• Can't help thinking there's something very Jimmy White about Judd meaning he could end up being a nearly but not quite when it comes to the WC, time's on his side though, but some very good players around today all capable of winning tournaments which will make it more difficult.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Can't help thinking there's something very Jimmy White about Judd meaning he could end up being a nearly but not quite when it comes to the WC, time's on his side though, but some very good players around today all capable of winning tournaments which will make it more difficult.
                  A very realistic chance of this. Two years ago I felt Judd was making the right steps in becoming an all rounder and would win multiple world titles. However this tournament he has regressed back to the game plan he had when he reached the final. He started off matches strongly against Ding and Fu, kept it tight and scored heavily, but his match against Bingham was just a reverse of that. His safety and tactics were poor, don't know whether that was pressure or underestimating Bingham, and when you are playing catch up it puts you under more pressure to score when you get your chances.

Don't know who works with Judd and whether he has a coach but whats noticeable is that the two finalists this year have a team behind them that have prepared them for this. With Judd I just get the feeling he works on his own, just has the support of his family and friends and relies on natural ability to win. The game at this level now requires a lot more than just ability, many players have technical and mental coaches and I think with the huge amount of snooker events on the calendar now you need a team behind you to get through the season, especially those who eye success.

Comment

Can't help thinking there's something very Jimmy White about Judd meaning he could end up being a nearly but not quite when it comes to the WC, time's on his side though, but some very good players around today all capable of winning tournaments which will make it more difficult.
                    I have exactly the same feeling about Judd. Feels like he is trying too hard, pushing it. You can see it in his body language and facial expressions quite often. Too high-strung, for want of a better term Should tighten up his game! Let's see how he applies himself in the upcoming years...he is still very young...many years left to try!

Comment

• I didn't get to see the finish due to family time but I'm delighted that Stu's in it.

A tough loss for Judd for sure.

I still think Murphy will win this. Stu's experience of playing tight and shot selection won't work as well on Murphy and if Murphy's long game is intact. He should romp home with the title.

Comment

• It's amazing just how many people on here are underestimating Bingham's chances against Murphy. Sure, he's going to have raise his game even more so in the final, but he's got this far, & it wouldn't be a great shock if he was to win the Championship. Having said that, Murphy quite rightly is a worthy favourite..
                        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I think Judd threw it away in the early frames going for ridiculous pots/plants that wouldn't even go ! he needs to learn when to turn down the crowd pleasing shots, he could of won that match quite easily i reckon. Pleased for Stu tho, nice bloke and still had to pot them, but i think Shaun will be at a higher level that Stu cannot match. I am going for a heavy defeat 18-7

Comment

• Some good comments about Judd, and as always natural ability on it's own isn't enough, i enjoy his crowd pleasing stuff as i have with all these type of players over the years, but you need that extra something to be able to win, it can be the way you respond to extreme pressure, Jimmy had lots of ability as did Alex Higgins, but Alex was capable of reining himself in and doing what he needed to do to win.

Some careers are destined for flashes of brilliance, rather than consistent tournament wins, and with the amount of good players capable of winning that we have today along with more tournaments it's harder and more wide open than ever before, and i don't think we'll see the dominance we've seen in the past when you think of Hendry, Davis and Ronnie i suppose.
                            Last edited by CueAntW147; 3 May 2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

People were saying that about Selby not long ago. He could still win it.

I worry more about Ding's chances than Trump's.

Comment

• Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby, Neil Robertson, Ding Junghui, Judd Trump.

Just some of the players Shaun Murphy hasn't beaten to become world champion

That's not his fault of course, and he has been the best of the tournament. Hope Bingham can give him a run for his money.
                                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X