European Qualifiers @ Preston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Qualifiers @ Preston

Some great matches this week, for only a fiver or so the WS site says but the booking site says the 7pm slot is a different ticket to the daytime, any ideas?

As ever never get a reply from WS via email.

Also I don't get the schedule, 63 matches in round 1. How does an odd number of matches work?

Also cannot see Ronnie's second round match listed to see who he might play.

Match 44 on day 2 but not listed on day 3, 30 matches listed for day three so looks like 2 matches at least held over to the venue which WS doesn't state either.

Any thoughts?

http://www.prestonguildhall.com/events/view/416

European Qualifiers @ Preston

Previous "all day ticket" I have had were actually two physical tickets, one morning session and one evening ticket. The evening ticket starts at 7pm.
    There is one walkover already listed and, as you say, a couple of matches will probably be held over.
    I always get a response from WS, on average a month too late :₩
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Preston guild halls site is a joke as well.

Html 5 so runs like super on old machines.

Can't select dates for either of the qualifying round this week.

So much for trying to sort before work.

Also they are selling the world grand prix tickets now. They are offering a season ticket which cost more than buying day pass for every day separatly!

Surely it should be with a slight discount not an increase....

Who the hell runs snooker?

They do my head in.

Comment

Defeats again for Martin Gould & Kyren Wilson , both who seem to be struggling for form this season .

Great result for Elliott Slessor against Robert Milkins . And my favourite player , Anthony Hamilton , lost again ........Come on the Sheriff :snooker:. ......Pick yourself up , dust yourself down and beat Robert Milkins in the International Championship .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Also Mark Williams (1-4 to Robin Hull) and Joe Perry (3-4 to David Grace) are already out.

Comment

Yet another 147 ......they are like buses !

Shaun Murphy this time .

Comment

Does Shaun Murphy have his own pro standard table at his home ?

Or a table 'reserved' in his club ?

And about 00.1 % of the population have access to these kind of tables in Britain,it's a bit Monty Python if you think about it.

Comment

Not sure what you mean ? There are 4 in our club . I'm sure a lot more people can access them than the figure you've quoted .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Not sure what you mean ? There are 4 in our club . I'm sure a lot more people can access them than the figure you've quoted .
                  Neil that's the club in Coulsdon yes ? I went there earlier this year and asked to play on a Star but had to play on a standard table instead, don't know if they've changed their policy since though.

Comment

Yes that's right .

No idea why you weren't allowed to play . Never heard that before , i've seen the club busy and all the Star Tables taken by normal regular players .......Marco Fu turns up and plays on a Standard table .

Always paying customers take preference .

Was there a Tournament taking place ?

Comment

Yes that's right .

No idea why you weren't allowed to play . Never heard that before , i've seen the club busy and all the Star Tables taken by normal regular players .......Marco Fu turns up and plays on a Standard table .

Always paying customers take preference .

Was there a Tournament taking place ?
                      No tournament taking place but just fairly busy, the lady behind the reception bar said something on the lines of 'we can't allow anyone to play on Star tables or else we'd be giving our best tables to everybody', it was about March or April so I can't quote verbatim.
                      The bloke on the standard table next to mine said the same,he might have been the owner,Michael Georgiou was playing on one of your Star's and good luck to him but two people said pretty much the same thing.
                      I respect thing's have to be preserved and maintained but access isn't that easy is all I'm saying.

Comment

Yet another 147 ......they are like buses !

Shaun Murphy this time .
                        Now why do see loads of maxis these days compared to say the 70s/80s? Is it the superior cloths, the superior Aramith balls or just better technique and follow through?! LOL

@neil, will the TSFers be relegated to a pool table? LOL
                        Last edited by Big Splash!; 28 September 2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

No working streams for qualifiers, anyone?

Comment

Terrific result for Scott Donaldson in beating Ballrun Bingham 4-3. This follows Scotts very impressive display against Ding in Shanghai. Really pleased for the lad. He's worked hard for this.

Comment

Very good performance from Scott Donaldson to beat Bingsy tonight, he was the more aggressive of the two and deserved the win.
                              92 beats 2 ay.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                              X