No announcement yet.

2016 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pay the same monthly fee as Patblock to use Eurosportplayer for watching snooker whenever Eurosport doesn't have TV coverage, and of course whenever the Beeb doesn't have coverage. Therefore Eurosportplayer remains my last go-to, mainly because of the limited image quality (I have to chromecast to my tv) and there often is no commentary (depending on the Eurosportplayer channel), or only in Dutch...I prefer English commentary. But I'm very glad there's the option to watch snooker on the Eurosportplayer at least

Comment

but the prices in UK are £4.99 per month for 12 months, or £6.99 for one month

where do you get £2.99 - I would do that for the year
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just checked...I pay Eur 6.99 per month. The other option is a yearly subscription at Eur 4.99 a month.

I decide each month whether I need /want to make use of the Player or not.

Comment

I too pay EUR 6.99/month. I'm a uni student without a job on the side atm, so I'm pretty much skint all year, but I think it's worth the money. Although the quality isn't as good as one could hope and rewinding seems impossible in live stream and in archived videos too. The whole system freezes everytime I try to rewind.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            but the prices in UK are £4.99 per month for 12 months, or £6.99 for one month

where do you get £2.99 - I would do that for the year
            It's just the subscription I've had for a few years now, must admit I'm surprised it's never gone up in price, maybe a sort of loyalty bonus, IDK. And yes, it's for the eurosport player, I use it on my PC (HDMI'd to a big TV), tablets, phones etc.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Eurosport player is £2.99 i've had it for 2 years now. Eurosport TV is £4.99 which is different

Comment

Chinese supertalent Yan Bingtao edges Stuart Carrington 6-5. With the exception of the European Masters he has won a match in everyone of the seven ranking tournaments he has played this season. Really impressive for a 16year old.

John Higgins and Liang Wenbo won their matches against Alex Borg and Kurt Dunham today. So from the bigger names (meaning something like Top 16 in the world) only Kyren Wilson crashed already out.

Comment

Bingtao has then won just over £31k already this season , that is an excellent performance .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Bingtao has then won just over £31k already this season , that is an excellent performance .
                    Just in the ranking for this season he was already number 30 before the tournament started. His next opponent is Liang Wenbo though. Don't Yan see him winning this match, but who knows.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      they re doing that so u change to eurosport player and pay to watch. very sad .
                      If I can offer a different opinion. There's no comms in yet, and there's only very basic camera angles, to keep this early part of the tournament cheap. So it wouldn't be suitable to being broadcast on 'proper' TV, so that's not an option.

Eurosport get a bit of stick, but from where I'm sat they cover every tournament and without them we'd be left with - waht - about 5 tournaments on TV? Happy to give them £5 a month to show them support, just as they support my beloved sport. And no... I'm no sport Johnny. As far as I'm concerned snooker is the only sport!

Comment

Dan-Cat.

Respect.

Comment

Tom Ford: 3-0, 5-3, 5-5 45-0, lost. Amazing stuff.

Comment

So, Mark King was docked a frame for forgetting his cue after the interval, making it 4 - 1 to Craigie, he then knocks in a 141 but eventually looses the match 6 - 2.
                            Back down to earth with a bit of a bump ay.

Nice opening red as well.

-
                            Last edited by PatBlock; 23 November 2016, 07:31 PM.
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                              Eurosport player is £2.99 i've had it for 2 years now. Eurosport TV is £4.99 which is different
                              Can you post a link please as I can't find that option
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Can you post a link please as I can't find that option
                                Here you go Dean:

http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/sub...ion/pass.shtml

They've got an offer of 12 months for £20, can't say fairer than that.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X