2016 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
    Nicely constructed break from Selt after missing a few chances in the first few frames, looked like he was slightly off in position on occasions but kept it going nicely. My prediction is out the window
    Mine wasn't ........if i had money on it , it wouldn't have happened
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Mine wasn't ........if i had money on it , it wouldn't have happened
      It's always the way, but good prediction anyway even without money on it. I was checking a few times to make sure the match really was live and you hadn't already known the outcome
      Strange ending to the game with Selt fluking one of the snookers he needed, but he shook hands without looking at the end result on the table.

Comment

Zhao is a talent, very fluent in the balls. I take it he's one of the next gen players that Higgins mentioned in his interview from China

Comment

Zhao is a talent, very fluent in the balls. I take it he's one of the next gen players that Higgins mentioned in his interview from China
          would not be surprised, as it was Zhao who knocked Higgins out of the German Masters Quals last week
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

First time I've watched Zhao, I'm going to be a big fan of his I reckon, got a well rounded game already at his age, seen some very decent safety and obviously around the balls he's rapid. Reminds me a bit of Trump

Comment

Excluding the 6 reds world championship Jimmy White and Ryan Day have only played each other 4 times,White being beaten heavily in all of them.

Only 4 times in 19.5 seasons,bit odd.

Comment

Shaun Murphy is such an interesting person to see during interviews, have to agree with him on all points. That was a tough match for him, high quality even if the breaks from Zhao weren't particularly high and would be nice to hear from him too.

Comment

Strange observation I know but Wenbo still has his poppy on his waistcoat!
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                    Strange observation I know but Wenbo still has his poppy on his waistcoat!
                    probably a good luck charm, since the last time he wore it he won something big
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, it's him along with Zhou Yuelong and Yan Bingtao. All three great talents and all of them have already shown their potential with good matches, even if the breakthrough is still missing.
                      But Zhao is just 19, Zhou 18 and Yan only 16. So they still have time.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        Yes, it's him along with Zhou Yuelong and Yan Bingtao. All three great talents and all of them have already shown their potential with good matches, even if the breakthrough is still missing.
                        But Zhao is just 19, Zhou 18 and Yan only 16. So they still have time.
                        I really reckon Zhao is so so close, he only needs to improve a few aspects and he'll be there. The Chinese have a strong contingent now, will only be a matter of time till they are dominant

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                          3-0 to TheWind, not far off 3 ranking match wins in a row, good to see
                          That first frame was "vintage" Jimmy White, the rest of the match was pretty scrappy. If he could get near that level of play of the first frame on a consistent basis he could be a threat to some big names in tournaments. But as we know it only happens occasionally. =/

Comment

I really reckon Zhao is so so close, he only needs to improve a few aspects and he'll be there. The Chinese have a strong contingent now, will only be a matter of time till they are dominant
                            I agree. I am a believer since watching his complete demolition job of John Higgins. He seems to relish being on the big stage. Just needs to improve his tactical nouce and reign himself in slightly and he'll be top 8 for sure.

Comment

Neal Foulds just mentioned that Igor Figueredo can screw the ball back 30 feet. 30 feet! I've heard claims like that before! Igor "Splasher" Figuredo?

Comment

Yet another impressive performance by Marco Fu . 4-1 winner

Breaks in order 142 , 61 [ and lost the frame ] , 65 , 82 & 71 .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X