No announcement yet.

2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great final this has turned into, one of the best I can remember, some great safety battles going on right now

Comment

• We may get a decider with this match !!

Comment

• Judd playing some good shots there! Seems like he is rising to the task. It is still anyones!

Comment

• It's amazing how Trump is ahead , he's played no where near his best. He hasn't had any high breaks

Comment

• Yep , . The decider !!
            unbelievable. what a match !!

Comment

• Looks like Bingham's gonna take this, unfortunately, but great final all the same.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Looks like Bingham's gonna take this, unfortunately, but great final all the same.
                Trump can be very reckless, probably why I like him.
                Well played SB, great final.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Not many high breaks. Sum very interesting tactical battles .
                  Great match to watch .
                  . Congratulations Sir BINGHAM. well played.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Trump can be very reckless, probably why I like him.
                    Well played SB, great final.
                    I don't know if there's anything in this (a bit like a dropped slice of toast always landing butter-side down) but does anyone else get a real sense that the vast majority of times the player you want to win a match/final, doesn't??

It's got me so paranoid now, that I feel it's almost guaranteed 'my' player is going to lose, simply because I want him to win.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                      What a great final this has turned into, one of the best I can remember, some great safety battles going on right now
                      Was enthralling wasn't it. I thought Judd was going to pinch it, the momentum seemed to shift toward him but fair play to Bingsy, held his nerve when needed, "obviously".

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• The last 4 colours by Stuart to take it to the decider were great . Thought the shot to open up the reds by Judd in the last was too attacking . Ok if you get the white safe , but he didn't .
                        Very pleased for Stuart , but not much time to celebrate one get any sleep . As they are both playing each other in Coventry tomorrow at midday ! Poor scheduling that .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          I don't know if there's anything in this (a bit like a dropped slice of toast always landing butter-side down) but does anyone else get a real sense that the vast majority of times the player you want to win a match/final, doesn't??

It's got me so paranoid now, that I feel it's almost guaranteed 'my' player is going to lose, simply because I want him to win.
                          Maybe support the person you aren't supporting 🤔 🙃or be a neutral😉

Comment

• Congrats to Stuart - absolute beast of a player

Joe Johnson's 4rse licking of Trump annoyed the hell out of me throughout the match; terrible commentary

Nice to see Ray Reardon chatting to both players at the end too. Legend
                            Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• An interesting night of snooker. :smile:

The Welsh Open has provided some excellent finals down the years... The first one I ever watched in full was the terrific battle between Hendry and O'Sullivan in 2005, then there was the unforgettable final between Robertson and Andrew Higginson in 2007, Selby's comeback from 8-5 down against O'Sullivan in 2008, the Maguire-Bingham thriller in 2013... Well, tonight was another one of those classic midnight finishes that only snooker can provide. It was perhaps not as high quality as the ones I mentioned, especially the evening session which had very little fluency, but it's always exciting when so many frames go down to the colours. :smile:

Nice to see Bingham finally getting some reward for his very consistent performances this season. I think he will definitely be a big danger at the Crucible. Trump as well, only one notable title this season, but lots of near misses and impressive performances in single matches. He just needs to string a few good performances together and it could be his year. :smile:

I won't say anything about the tournament as a whole, I'm sure everyone knows my feelings about this particular format by now. I will however mention the usual lack of class from Eurosport, literally ending their broadcast on the continent in the middle of David Hendon's sentence, without a word of goodbye. Not that I am particularly interested in the customary platitudes that follow the victory ceremony, but this recent trend of completely ignoring the viewers on the continent is a little unprofessional.

Comment

• 2017 Welsh Open

Odrl - I must have missed your views on BO7 :wink:

well, what a night and what a week! It has flown by so fast, from 10am Monday to 11:45pm Sunday. I could physically see all 127 matches and feels like I closely watched 80+
                                and guess what, I am wondering if I can view the Bingham/Trump that is scheduled for 12noon for the League :biggrin:
                                Standout players for me... Hossein, Kurt, Igor, Donaldson.
                                Meeting the owner of TSF, as well as the legend that is Curtis Braithwaite
                                Walking around Cardiff seeing the players etc like Murphy and Allen strolling into The Pen Shop
                                Cardiff itself, superb city centre and great night life
                                Off up the M4 soon so I might even logout of the phone app for a couple of hours :wink:

Big thanks to CB, TT, and the biggest to NT.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X