World Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    I like watching Evans play, she looks natural and has a nice stroke, also she plays both hands.
    I think she's as good or better than most of the players on tour ranked from 60-120. Hull is playing reasonably well and she's hanging in with him. It's too bad there aren't any other female players in her class. I don't understand how Ng has beaten her recently. Evans is a better player. Maybe she's just bored playing other women after winning 10 world titles in a row.

Comment

Seems like an early exit for Matthew Stevens. 2-6 down against Lee Walker and could be 2-7 soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
        I like watching Evans play, she looks natural and has a nice stroke, also she plays both hands.
        Reanne did get a wild card to play on the main tour a few years ago, but I don't think she won a match, but if she got an invite for next season I think she may do a lot better because she is more experienced now.
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          Seems like an early exit for Matthew Stevens. 2-6 down against Lee Walker and could be 2-7 soon.
          The Winner of this match players either Robin Hull or Reanne Evans, but it is a shame to see Matthew Struggling a two time world finalist in 2000 and 2005
          Last edited by Mr Snooker; 6 April 2017, 08:12 AM.
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Hull has been absolutely brutal this evening. Evans has a real chance to win this.

Comment

Good steal from Reanne to go 7 all. Virgo would've been bouncing with her brown to blue though. :smile:

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Reanne is playing great snooker, love watching her play. It's a great game with Robin Hull who is one of the better qualifiers

Comment

Good win for Evans. If she can rise her game she could qualify.

Comment

It's great that Reanne won, but Hull played very very poorly. He missed probably a dozen fairly standard balls in the last 5-6 frames. Still, they don't ask you how you won, just if you did or not.

A match against Matthew Stevens would be very interesting.

Comment

Brilliant stuff from Reanne . Stevens making a comeback as well .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Congratulations to Reanne Evans. I didn´t give her many chances from the start. Biggest surprise so far in the tournament. Hull will probably remain on the tour as he´s no.1 on the one year list
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          Congratulations to Reanne Evans. I didn´t give her many chances from the start. Biggest surprise so far in the tournament.
                          I think this is the biggest story in Snooker for years. Is this the first time a female has beaten a man in a professional competition over so many frames? Yes, Hull didn't play his best but Evans can be top 64 on that performance. She just needs more of these opportunities to play against the best players. Comparing Evans to Ng (currently 6-1 down), I can't really see how Evans ever lost her World Ladies title.
                          Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

While most of the favorites won so far two surprises stuck out. I would never have thought that Reanne Evans would be able to beat Robin Hull. And while he made a comeback, in the end Matthew Stevens fell short and lost 8-10 to fellow Welshman Lee Walker. Ironically Evans and Walker meet in the next round. Who will continue his surprising ride into the 3rd round? I'd still go with Walker.

There are a few 2nd round matches that could be close. Stuart Carrington is playing Andrew Higginson. And if Sam Baird, who leads Ross Vallance 7-2, he would play Xiao Guodong, who beat Tyler Rees comfortably 10-2.
                            Last edited by JimMalone; 6 April 2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Reanne Evans looked like a player who knew how to win matches in the last few frames and was clearly the better player of the two by the end of the match. She seemed to improve her game quite a bit during the match but still missing too many shots. She is a good potter of the ball and her safety and white ball control improved during the match. I think she will need to play better to beat Lee Walker but I also think she is capable of doing so.

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                                I think this is the biggest story in Snooker for years...
                                Must be as just got a mention on radio 1 news

Comment

Working...
                                X