• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great 144 break from Ronnie haha could have been a maxi

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Odd that they would have the same bag, and the same size feet.

I hope Mathew Stevens isn't reading that, after Brecel carelessly whitewashed him today. I know what you mean though.
      Maybe it would be better he read it, as it could give him new motivation to improve his game again
      It made me laugh when one of the commentators said " hes not really that bothered about anything, as long as he's got a pizza he is happy!" Lol. Brilliant.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        It made me laugh when one of the commentators said " hes not really that bothered about anything, as long as he's got a pizza he is happy!" Lol. Brilliant.
        ouch, who said that?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That triple plant by Selby!

Comment

One of the stranger stories of this tournament:
            Luca Brecel picked up the wrong bag at the airport, but only realised this in his hotel. So he had to borrow clothes from Michael White to be able to compete at the tournament... And the shoes of the guy whose bag he picked up.
            And this just two weeks after he lost his cue in Daqing. Don't know if this was also his fault, but Luca seems a bit careless to me. Which also reflects at this snooker game.
            That explains a lot .. When I saw Brecel playing Stevens yesterday I thought he'd come in fancy dress.

Comment

Selby again seems vulnerable in the early rounds, but survives another decider to beat Alan McManus 5-4.

Comment

Selby again seems vulnerable in the early rounds, but survives another decider to beat Alan McManus 5-4.
                http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?player=17

Looks like Selby has won 6 out of 7 deciders this season.

Comment

Originally Posted by Selbyjustbegun View Post
                  http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?player=17

Looks like Selby has won 6 out of 7 deciders this season.
                  8-1

http://cuetracker.net/players/mark-s...s=professional

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                    ouch, who said that?
                    I think it was Alan M manus. The conversation was about dealing with the pressure in the sport and Alan was relaying what Luca's Manager had said regarding that subject. So it's not all bad in my book, means he's fearless as to who he plays but probably also slightly car less in his approach sometimes. That certainly been evident in his travel plan of recent.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I've just seen O'Sullivan break right-handed. Never seen that before.

I suppose I must have done, but I can't remember when.
                      Last edited by cattermole; 15 November 2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cattermole View Post
                        I've just seen O'Sullivan break right-handed. Never seen that before.
                        He used to break righ-handed a lot, then he started left-handed during his experimental phase, which saw him use a different bridge, take a season off to play pool, shave his head...

He did switch during the CoC last week, but only once.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          He used to break righ-handed a lot, then he started left-handed during his experimental phase
                          I've been in Spain for many years, so, unfortunately missed much of his early career. Catching up on YouTube isn't the same.

Comment

ROS said in an interview recently he likes breaking left-handed as he gets better "right-hand side" on the cue ball for the break off shot

I would not be surprised if, every now and then, he breaks right-handed, just to "shake things up" !
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This is one of the rare tournaments this season, where the favorites seem to come through, which gives us on paper some interesting duels in the third round.

O'Sullivan will meet Hawkins for the first time, since Barry beat him at the 2016 World Championship. It's Hawkins first third-round-appearance this season. I expect O'Sullivan to win this.

But I call Williams to win this time again Selby.

Liang vs. Higgins (he isn't through yet, but leads Zhou by 4-1) could be another interesting match.

Comment

I'd love to know the stats on Selby's deciding frame success rate. It must be insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X