No announcement yet.

2017 Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Ronnie wins this it'll be 6 matches in 3 days, is that another record in professional snooker?

Comment

• Ah, ok thanks - semi's tomorrow, final on Saturday I see now. It is nice to give players proper time to fly back and forth between continents :-).

Very good field of players in the last 8, good tourney with some very strong performances.

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that for the Chinese tournaments most people in the crowd are wearing quite thick jackets...maybe if they turned the heating up they'd get bigger crowds!!

Comment

• It's unfortunate that this event has to finish a day early, because the last16 and the quarter-finals feel really rushed. I barely had time to watch both last16 matches before the next session started, and a great prospect such as Higgins-Liang didn't even make it on TV. :frown:

The O'Sullivan match was a big disappointment, because Hawkins put in a really pathetic performance. He missed all kinds of balls, and some of the safeties and snooker attempts were very poor as well. I enjoyed Williams-Selby a lot more, although it wasn't as high quality as some of their matches in the past. Selby in particular just made too many mistakes. I think Williams will need to raise his game in this session, because O'Sullivan is playing well enough to punish him a lot more than Selby did. :smile:

Looking forward to Trump-Brecel as well, should be a quick game with lots of big breaks, and I think it could go quite close. It's a shame two quarter-finals are not televised at all, but what can you do... I think Higgins will prevail over Gould, but the other match is really tough to call. Lisowski has been playing pretty well all season, while Maflin has made a lot of big breaks this week, so he too is clearly playing well.

I'll go for:

O'Sullivan-Williams 5-3
          Higgins-Gould 5-3
          Maflin-Lisowski 5-4
          Trump-Brecel 5-4

Comment

• I can't believe these idiots at Eurosport sometimes, yet again they went to commercials on a re-spotted black. It was lucky for them that it only lasted 10 seconds, so they were able to show it in full and pretend like nothing happened. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              I can't believe these idiots at Eurosport sometimes, yet again they went to commercials on a re-spotted black. It was lucky for them that it only lasted 10 seconds, so they were able to show it in full and pretend like nothing happened. :wink:
              I suspect its the local producer not Eurosport making that decision!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                I suspect its the local producer not Eurosport making that decision!
                You mean the host broadcaster in China? They can't possibly influence whether Eurosport goes to commercials or not, and I very much doubt they themselves ever make embarrassing mistakes like that. :smile:

Comment

• Judd Trump leads Luca Brecel by 4-0, this means he still hasn't lost a frame in this tournament so far and we are already in the quarterfinals. 19-0 frames that's quite an achievement.

Comment

You mean the host broadcaster in China? They can't possibly influence whether Eurosport goes to commercials or not, and I very much doubt they themselves ever make embarrassing mistakes like that. :smile:
                    Yes, nothing to do with the Chinese broadcaster. The non-commentary table feed on the Eurosport player was seamless. Some hopeless bod at Eurosport decided to go to commercials - perhaps thought the frame was over. You even heard Philip Studd say "There's still one ball to go!" The "live" feed on Eurosport1 was obviously delayed to cover the mistake. The black had already been potted on the Eurosport Player table feed before the ads on E1 channel finished.
                    Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Yeah I presume they cut the camera feed at certain points (I only base that on various other times when its happened and the UK broadcaster has said that was out of our control etc.)

It seems odd Eurosport would choose to do that, they are generally pretty slick.

Although technically yes they don't have to cut to a break if the feed is cut...but it seems logical they would!

But I'm just guessing of course...I actually have no idea how this stuff works!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        Judd Trump leads Luca Brecel by 4-0, this means he still hasn't lost a frame in this tournament so far and we are already in the quarterfinals. 19-0 frames that's quite an achievement.
                        And he also wins the fifth and last frame. 20-0 now.

Comment

• If someone has too much time on their hands, it would be interesting to know the last time that a best-of-9 event had so many whitewashes at the venue stage. I suspect the number this week is among the all-time high. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            And he also wins the fifth and last frame. 20-0 now.
                            That's unreal , not dropped a single frame . Frightening stuff .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• You'd expect Trump to go through Lisowski tomorrow. No idea how Higgins/ROS will go, but I think Trump would rather play ROS in the final for style reasons.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                                You'd expect Trump to go through Lisowski tomorrow. No idea how Higgins/ROS will go, but I think Trump would rather play ROS in the final for style reasons.
                                Higgins is due a result against ROS though...

Comment

Working...
                                X