2017 Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    This was more mid-career meltdown and was disturbing to watch to be honest - did you also miss "I'm only here for the school fees" or were you treated to thAat particular display?
    ahahaah lolz

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
      great 144 break from Ronnie haha could have been a maxi
      I thought this gonna turn in a Max break.
      When he went for the pink ,
      Every one in crowd: NO NO, Ronnie black, Ronnie black . hahahaha .......

well , To be fair, that black was'nt easy.

Comment

Hopefully Selby and Ronnie both win. QF meeting between the pair will be fun.

Comment

Originally Posted by Selbyjustbegun View Post
          Chris Wakelin gave Mark Selby some trouble. He was 3-0 down and then 4-2 down (first to 5) but managed to force a decider. Selby managed to win the decider, but good job from Wakelin.
          Totally agree, his performance in this match was magnificent. Just a few errors that got punished severely. I remember his name now, he might not be very high in rankings on the tour list but very high on mine.
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            One of the stranger stories of this tournament:
            Luca Brecel picked up the wrong bag at the airport, but only realised this in his hotel. So he had to borrow clothes from Michael White to be able to compete at the tournament... And the shoes of the guy whose bag he picked up.
            And this just two weeks after he lost his cue in Daqing. Don't know if this was also his fault, but Luca seems a bit careless to me. Which also reflects at this snooker game.
            I like these stories, great insider news reports. Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
              Selby again seems vulnerable in the early rounds, but survives another decider to beat Alan McManus 5-4.
              McManus as got game, impressed me when he was all dressed in tartan and playing like a genius, I think it was at the worlds. Played very well....

Comment

Third whitewash from Judd Trump in a row this tournament to reach last 16. Ronnie and Mark Williams made it too.

Selby lost to Williams though 5-3, was hoping for another decider when Williams led 4-3 but it wasn’t to be.

Comment

Brecel has won 10 deciders in a row this season. Assuming each is a 50/50 proposition the odds of it happening are 1 in 1024. (2^10) That must be a record.

Comment

Three quarter-finals with players all ranked in the provisional top 18. The other quarter-final with two outsiders, though Lisowski isn't playing like one recently. With that win he's moved up to a provisional 41st. If he makes the semi-final he'll move up to 33rd.

For only this year, Brecel is 1st and Lisowski is now 18th. Another win and he moves up to 13th. Maybe it's finally his breakout year.

Comment

• Williams vs ROS aka my two fav players. Love it. Hope the winner wins the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                        Williams vs ROS aka my two fav players. Love it. Hope the winner wins the tournament.
                        The good thing about Williams is that, he plays the table and not the player. He certainly won't be bothered
                        about playing O'Sullivan once again. Should be a good match
                        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Why the quarterfinals are played today and not tomorrow?

Comment

• Just noticed the prize money for this event is almost as much as the UK and twice as much the home nations.....why??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                              Just noticed the prize money for this event is almost as much as the UK and twice as much the home nations.....why??
                              what sponsors are prepared to cough-up!
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                                Why the quarterfinals are played today and not tomorrow?
                                This event is due to finish tomorrow and not the usual Sunday.
                                So Last 16 and Quarters today; Semis and final tomorrow.
                                I assume to allow players travel time back to Northern Ireland
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X