2017 English Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
    Hopefully ronnie can win tomorow, long ranking drought, if he wins, i think if anyone can go on and win the 4 home based titles, and million bonus, its him
    No chance. I think selby may get there in time but no one else will.

Comment

• Well the tournament itself has been good again, but the shambolic nature of the ticketing and scheduling, combined with the fact Barnsley is bleak as all hell, mean I'm unlikely to be back next year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        Well the tournament itself has been good again, but the shambolic nature of the ticketing and scheduling, combined with the fact Barnsley is bleak as all hell, mean I'm unlikely to be back next year.
        In what way is the ticketing and scheduling wrong?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          No chance. I think selby may get there in time but no one else will.
          Hehe, I am not saying he will, but you know nothing about snooker if you say he cannot. If someone can then yes he at 42 can.

Comment

• Well, I think there are a number of players who could string four ranking titles together in the space of a couple of months, but to win four very specific ones is possibly too much to ask, especially as most matches in the home nations series are best-of-7. As good as O'Sullivan is, he hasn't actually won a single ranking title in the past 20 months, so a winning streak like that would surprise me. :smile:

Comment

• I would be shocked TBH, and definitely Selby would be my bet. But Ronnie is called special for a reason - go and tell him he cannot do it and watch it happen. Remember how he won the Worlds as a comeback? If he can win tonight all he needs is for everyone to say he has no chance to do another 3. It will be a tough to do it tonight, Kyren is getting there with his game.
              Last edited by sealer; 22 October 2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                Yeah he said if he draws Ronnie he'll probably get beat, because Ronnie's been playing so well. I don't really think he's just going out expecting to lose though, he can't be.
                I really wish players would get rid off their awe of O'Sullivan. You just can't afford this as a top player, it's such an huge psychological disadvantage, a real barrier. Respect? For sure. But you just have to play him like another player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  I really wish players would get rid off their awe of O'Sullivan. You just can't afford this as a top player, it's such an huge psychological disadvantage, a real barrier. Respect? For sure. But you just have to play him like another player.
                  Agreed, it's a huge boost for Ronnie as well which he really doesn't need.

Also I've just noticed the final is only best of 17, was it not 19 last year?

Comment

• Just now at the end frame 3, Wilson potted the pink and went in of. The pink was respotted and therefore still left points available.

Is this normal? If you pot a red and go in of the red doesn't get put back.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Agreed, it's a huge boost for Ronnie as well which he really doesn't need.

Also I've just noticed the final is only best of 17, was it not 19 last year?
                      it was 17 last year as well.

Comment

• No but it applys to colours

Comment

• Why are the home nations venues all so loud?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            it was 17 last year as well.
                            I think finals should be minimum 19, shouldn't be less than the first round of the WC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                              Just now at the end frame 3, Wilson potted the pink and went in of. The pink was respotted and therefore still left points available.

Is this normal? If you pot a red and go in of the red doesn't get put back.
                              Correct this is normal, reds are not usually replaced after being pocketted or forced off the table.
                              There are situations where the reds would be replaced; touched or removed from the table not in normal play; if it falls into the pocket without be hit by another ball; asked to be replaced after a Miss has been called.

Comment

• Hmm. ROS starting to take charge now...
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X