No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really expecting much from tonights match, but I suppose Anthony Hamilton is slow and determined, exactly the kind of players Ronnie doesn't like playing.

Comment

I think it'll be a decent match, Anthony is in good form, Ronnie isn't, maybe closer than most will expect.

Comment

It's interesting now.

Comment

This is a decent start, nice bit of safety and now a signature Ronnie ton, game on. Hope Hammy can really push this ( and stop feathering the bloody white! Lol)
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            This is a decent start, nice bit of safety and now a signature Ronnie ton, game on. Hope Hammy can really push this ( and stop feathering the bloody white! Lol)
            Why ohh why does he continue to do that ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              What can you say? When ROS is not at his sharpest, and I know he's not far off but he is missing a few, it's so important to double your own focus. Easier said than done I know, but you want to see that hunger to beat Ron in other players, not surprise, not oh cool I didn't get white washed etc. Disappointed recently by McGill saying he didn't think he could beat him when I think he could with his match play A game.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

What can you say? When ROS is not at his sharpest, and I know he's not far off but he is missing a few, it's so important to double your own focus. Easier said than done I know, but you want to see that hunger to beat Ron in other players, not surprise, not oh cool I didn't get white washed etc. Disappointed recently by McGill saying he didn't think he could beat him when I think he could with his match play A game.
                Agreed, that is a really odd statement for a pro player to make.

Surely you have to back yourself against anyone if you play as well as you know you can in practice, otherwise whats the point?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Hamilton's address of the cueball terrifies me. It's a feather-foul waiting to happen, with every shot he plays. The best address I've seen is J Higgins. He's close to an inch from the cueball during his address strokes - no danger at all of feathering.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                    Agreed, that is a really odd statement for a pro player to make.

Surely you have to back yourself against anyone if you play as well as you know you can in practice, otherwise whats the point?
                    You'd never hear a boxer say that. To win in any sport it's a fight!
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Judd Trump put himself down a couple of times too. Very cringeworthy to have heard a man of that talent say those things.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                        Judd Trump put himself down a couple of times too. Very cringeworthy to have heard a man of that talent say those things.
                        The stupid thing is that everyone has doubts even (especially?) ROS...but as Cue Crafty said, professional sport is a fight, if you have doubts save that for your coach, don't admit them to your opponent!

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                          The stupid thing is that everyone has doubts even (especially?) ROS...but as Cue Crafty said, professional sport is a fight, if you have doubts save that for your coach, don't admit them to your opponent!
                          Exactly - keep it to yourself and try to deal with it.

Nice win Ronnie.... hope its Brecel he meets

Comment

Is anyone watching this Spenser Vs Reardon match from 1974?

Why does the table look so damn small?? I refuse to believe that's a full-size table.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Is anyone watching this Spenser Vs Reardon match from 1974?

Why does the table look so damn small?? I refuse to believe that's a full-size table.
                              Cos it looks like a feckin pool table! Hated those 70's table only around for a few years. Who made them anyone???? Horrid.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Cos it looks like a feckin pool table! Hated those 70's table only around for a few years. Who made them anyone???? Horrid.
                                Starline table

Comment

Working...
                                X