Champion of Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The golden era of snooker, huh?

That was laughable by today's standards. I seriously reckon I could have given either of those two a run for their money. And I can't play for toffee! :biggrin-new:

I really like the pool-style look of the table. Ironically it looks more modern than today's tables.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Is anyone watching this Spenser Vs Reardon match from 1974?

Why does the table look so damn small?? I refuse to believe that's a full-size table.
      Cos it looks like a feckin pool table! Hated those 70's table only around for a few years. Who made them anyone???? Horrid.
      Talking to myself now, just heard from Mac it was a Riley Star line? ****e.
      Last edited by Cue crafty; 10 November 2017, 10:22 PM.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That was laughable by today's standards. I seriously reckon I could have given either of those two a run for their money. And I can't play for toffee! :biggrin-new:

I really like the pool-style look of the table. Ironically it looks more modern than today's tables.
        If those two legends of the game were still young these days they would've taken all the technique information and better equipment available today into their practice and whipped your arse.

Golden era for all the drinking, smoking, and generally enjoying themselves that has been lost in the modern game, the snooker is much better for it I suppose.

Comment

That is the true example of just how far the game has improved. Reardon was, is an all time great and for a while Spencer was his equal. They made a lot of century breaks , but this match shows almost local league types atmosphere in the local working man's club. Don't forget that's where it started. Today's focus and professional approach is total. Back then I think it was more a game than a sport finding it's way like darts but then took pole position in the 80's
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

What a great mentality has Anthony Hamilton. stays calm .
            Always respect for fellow snooker players. as well as a great player.
            Enjoy watching him play all the time .
            Great guy .

Comment

Seen Reardon knock in 3 centuries one night in a exibition in the late 90’s when he would’ve been in his late 60’s.
              Standards obviously weren’t as high as they are today, but the top players of the 70’s were still great players.

Comment

And you base this on what ? ten minutes of old footage on what Reardon described as the worst table (Starline) he ever played on. You can only be as good as conditions allow you to be.
                I saw Reardon play an exhibition in '77 and he was superb, did his trick shots afterwards and got them all bang on first time. A legend of the game and the reason why Ronnie's safety is at the level it is now, and Ronnie didn't miss any easy blacks off the spot this week either did he
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  Cos it looks like a feckin pool table! Hated those 70's table only around for a few years. Who made them anyone???? Horrid.
                  Probably an optical illusion, but the pockets looked huge too!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                    What a great mentality has Anthony Hamilton. stays calm .
                    Always respect for fellow snooker players. as well as a great player.
                    Enjoy watching him play all the time .
                    Great guy .
                    Yes indeed, a top guy. Only really dropped out the top 16 when he did due to a broken wrist injury, that he got while helping a friend who was getting mugged.

Deserves some good fortune.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Why does, this commentator, stop talking, after every, 2 or 3, words?

Comment

Murphy vs Brecel is 1-1 at the moment. Hoping for a Murphy-O’Sullivan final

Comment

A think it will be luca v osulivan
                          Current playing cue Trevor White
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                            They lose their place on the script
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              I think, It's probably, got a lot, To do with, The fact he's a bell end.....
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                                Probably an optical illusion, but the pockets looked huge too!
                                The pockets might have been large (or not) but difficult to say.

I was at the Benson and Hedges at the Conference Centre in the 80's when you could go near the table.

We were all banging on about how big the pockets must be until we got to the table, they were tiny and we all shut up!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X