2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I've seen it. Very good film, but I don't think I quite understood everything they were saying.
    Ha I know what you mean... bang on them subtitles

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I do let stupid things annoy me, but there's a woman in the front row of the audience, right side as we look at the table, candy-pink top, who's spent the entire first three frames with her head tilted up at the monitor, grinning like a moron because she can see herself on it. Absolutely zero interest in the match!

Someone give her a mirror and tell her to **** off home.

ETA: Her seat became mysteriously empty after I posted the above.

I didn't mean it
      It’s the guy who sits to the left of Williams in the front row that annoys me.
      He always has his head down and looks like he’s asleep. I’m surprised Williams hasn’t tapped him on his head with his cue to wake him up

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Higgins and McManus are from Glasgow, or close to Glasgow. I think Hendry's from Perth or somewhere round there. Glasgow is west and Perth is East.
        Accents can vary from person to person though. Mine is soft enough that I can get away with teaching people English, while there was a programme called Trawlermen about some fishermen from 30 miles away from me that was broadcast with subtitles, in Scotland.
        Higgins is from Wishaw, as in "the wizard of Wishaw" lol. McManus is from Glasgow. Both West of Scotland so have stronger accents. Hendry is from South Queensfery which is just outside Edinburgh. ( near the Forth Bridge). South Queensferry is East Scotland where accents tend to be a bit softer.

Comment

• Sorry for being a little off-topic but: Once we had to get a new tyre for our car rental in Glasgow. So we drove to a garage and asked for a new tyre. Although I speak English quite frequently and usually understand everything without any problems I had absolutely no idea what the guy was talking about.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            Doherty has a very strong Dublin accent and that comes with its own quirks, including the T replacing TH and saying de instead of the.
            I do think he deliberately hams it up for TV! :wink:
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
              I'm English but a geordie so southerners have previously mistaken me for being Scottish, I don't sound anything like Scottish tho lol
              Why eye man!
              *rolls eyes* lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I do think he deliberately hams it up for TV! :wink:
                I agree, very enhanced, all for TV.... and to keep his job :P

Comment

• Should Wilson have played a safety?

EDIT: It all worked out but giving Higgins a chance is surely not wise.
                  Last edited by Dark; 4 May 2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• What a beautiful exchange of safeties this was.

Comment

• Whenever Dennis Taylor mentions John Pulman he always calls him "Ten times World Champion". All the records I have looked at suggest he won it 8 times (some say seven). Are they all wrong or is Taylor talking rubbish again
                      Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                        Whenever Dennis Taylor mentions John Pulman he always calls him "Ten times World Champion". All the records I have looked at suggest he won it 8 times (some say seven). Are they all wrong or is Taylor talking rubbish again
                        He was Billiards champ too?

Comment

• Wilson 6 foot 3? Surely Dennis can't be serious. I didn't think Kyren would be 6 foot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
                            Wilson 6 foot 3? Surely Dennis can't be serious. I didn't think Kyren would be 6 foot.
                            Yep, he is tall, as is Williams.

Wilson does bend both legs a fair bit.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              He was Billiards champ too?
                              Good thought, but not according to Wikipaedia
                              Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• http://www.worldsnooker.com/players/john-pulman/ says 7

Maybe Dennis is confused by the longevity?

Comment

Working...
                                X