No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was just as though he’d had a brain fart and didn’t realise he could put him back in.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I didn't see that, but it can't be as bad as Highfield not keep putting Allen in on the Green...

Jamie and the Magic Cue cuing well.....

Comment

• Nealry as well as Xiao, who opened with a Ton

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          It was just as though he’d had a brain fart and didn’t realise he could put him back in.
          Allen "(I) was scared that he would get the Plant"

Comment

• Ding - that blue down close to the rail was superb - even brought a smile to his own face there for a second
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• He's playing well, and has Xiao in his pocket after that scrappy Frame....

Murphy imploding?

Comment

• I'm a jinx

Ding is playing pants....

Comment

• A question for you Brits.

"You can't do anything sat in your chair"

Is this grammatically correct in British English? It sounds very weird to me. Americans and Canadians would say "sitting"

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    Surely the Historical Data is the place to start, rather than guessing?
                    You talked me into it. Maybe tomorrow if I find the time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      It's different depending on the players involved though. Selby and O'Sullivan just happened to draw Perry and Maguire this year, but they could have easily drawn someone like Highfield or Carrington and their odds would have been very different. :smile:
                      Fair point, but I'm not sure the odds would have been "very" different. I sometimes check odds for matches and I can't remember seeing someone being a 1/9 favorite. It routinely happens in tennis, but not so much in snooker.

Maybe I'm thinking of best of 7 or best of 9 matches and not the longer format world championship matches where favourites win at a higher rate. I just looked at the Ryan Day vs Mitchell Mann match in qualification and Day was 1/11 so it does happen. But would Selby or O'Sullivan really a bigger favourite over a player who qualified for the crucible than Day over a player like Mann?

The other thing is the odds don't always reflect the real chance of a player winning. The odds are adjusted based on betting patterns and casual betters often bet on a name they recognize or a player they like.

Comment

• Murphy v Jones has been a brilliant match to watch. Deciding frame coming up...

Comment

• Lovely 137 from Jamie to take it to the decider, c'mon JJ!!

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• This is a great chance for Jones to win this frame and the match now.

Comment

• Well played Jam Jones!

Comment

• Great match from Jamie, held his nerve and played some great safety which give him the chance he needed, very well done. I'm Really looking forward to his match with Kyren, should be a corker.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X