Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Not even close.
    Multitasking here - he did get one mad plant? Or was that the Hawkins match?

My Fantasy Football team iced the cake of the GW and doing other stuff, lol ie amazed at how tight the Hawkins odds have been as I "invested" £5 on Stu thinking it would be tight and need the Hawk to drift to 1.8 to double the fiver

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      Really not sure Stu looks to be in the zone.....
      Maybe, but it's 8 - 7 now. Got to admire him for sticking in there.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Great refereeing there! Calls a foul for no-ball-hit (which is his job after all) then the (supposed) offending player tells him that he did in fact make contact with the ball, and the ref says, "Okay, fair enough. No foul."

Maybe it's time to do away with refs?

NB: Slo-mo confirmed no foul.
        Posted similar, but in not such a complimentary way in "If the ref forgets to warn?" thread.

Comment

Multitasking here - he did get one mad plant? Or was that the Hawkins match?
          I didn't watch the whole match. The one wild plant he tried that I saw he missed by a mile.

Comment

Posted similar, but in not such a complimentary way in "If the ref forgets to warn?" thread.
            I'll go give it a read.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• It's nice of the commentators to constantly remind us that at the crucible we're watching "match-play snooker", i thought i was watching the annual African Elephant piggyback race.

Comment

• hmmm comparing to golf: maybe Bazza should try Snooker Strokeplay?

Comment

• Ballsy red from Hawkins

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    It's nice of the commentators to constantly remind us that at the crucible we're watching "match-play snooker", i thought i was watching the annual African Elephant piggyback race.
                    :biggrin-new:

It's no surprise RO criticised this ref. Why does he re-spot the colours so damn slowly? He places it down above the spot, pauses for about three-minutes, and then rolls it onto its spot like he's in super-slo-mo.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It's no surprise RO criticised this ref. Why does he re-spot the colours so damn slowly? He places it down above the spot, pauses for about three-minutes, and then rolls it onto its spot like he's in super-slo-mo.
                      He is very theatrical isn't he 😆

Comment

And the way he tells the crowd to shut up while he's replacing balls, why??
                        Comes across as a bit of an egotist to me.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Carrington sinks a great long red.
                          Joe Johnson: That shows his fighting qualities
                          Carrington missing a black off its spot to lose the match

So this means its possible to go from having fighting qualities to choking in the space of 31 seconds? I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                            Carrington sinks a great long red.
                            Joe Johnson: That shows his fighting qualities
                            Carrington missing a black off its spot to lose the match

So this means its possible to go from having fighting qualities to choking in the space of 31 seconds? I'm confused.
                            Carrington has definitely grown into this session, and (a rare thing) I feel for him....

Comment

• Maguire was using an Ash cue I think. When did he switch back to Maple again?

Comment

• Poor Stuart not even getting a ripple of applause for laying a snooker. The whole crowd are thinking, "Come on, Stuart. Shake his damn hand - I've got a bus to catch!"

Comment

Working...
                                X