2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some incredible pots by the milkman!
    Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Brilliant!

And what a wonderfully pleasant demeanour he has about him. Very endearing post-patch chat with Rob Walker there.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        Did you make his cue? :smile:
        I did but not to order or anything I showed him about thirty cues and he turned them all down and then spotted a poor small pool cue I had hidden in the corner which he immediately took.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
          I did but not to order or anything I showed him about thirty cues and he turned them all down and then spotted a poor small pool cue I had hidden in the corner which he immediately took.
          Wonderful. I love stories like this. But how could he play with a pool cue?

Neil Robertson's way down continues. In the last three years at the World Championship he lost twice in the first round and once in the third round. Me and some others always say, Robertson is a to good player not to get back to the top again. But right now I wonder how long it will take to happen. He will likely be #10 after this World Championship, his worst spot to end a season since 2008. If he falls down to #11 it will be his worst ranking since 2006.
          Last edited by JimMalone; 25 April 2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
            Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            Did you make his cue? :smile:
            55" with an 8.5mm tip wasn't it Andy?

Comment

• Five of the eight competing former world champions have already gone out (Robertson, Selby, Bingham, Dott, Murphy). Just ROS and MJW thorugh to the next round and Higgins very likely to do so as well. Will we see a first time world champion this year?

Comment

• Spot on with the specs Dave.

Comment

• I cant watch the match but i saw that Ryan Day started nicely with a 2-0 lead and already made one century.Will be interesting to see how far can he go at WC

Comment

• I cannot watch at the moment, but is Higgins playing well?

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                      I cant watch the match but i saw that Ryan Day started nicely with a 2-0 lead and already made one century.Will be interesting to see how far can he go at WC
                      He will lose to Ding in the next round.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                        I cannot watch at the moment, but is Higgins playing well?
                        Well enough to have a suspicious brown stain on the back of his kegs.... (7-6 now)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                          He will lose to Ding in the next round.
                          If he gets past McGill a very tasty player.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• If Peter Ebdon uses the word 'Absolutely' one more time I'm going to hit the mute button.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              If Peter Ebdon uses the word 'Absolutely' one more time I'm going to hit the mute button.
                              Absolutely.

At least the Eurosport lot aren't annoying\loud etc

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                                Absolutely.
                                "Absolutely brilliant shot there, John."
                                "Well, John, absolutely wonderful positional shot there, John."
                                "Absolutely perfect cue chalking there, John."
                                "Well, John, what can you say, John? He poured his water absolutely effortlessly there, John."
                                Last edited by Billy; 25 April 2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X