No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson and Hawkins leading 11-5 and going to win., extremely disappointing results.

Comment

• So disappointed by and for Ding. If he would lose that match, okay. And all credit to Barry Hawkins. He plays like Higgins in this match. Great shot selection, good long pots, great breaks, knows, when he has to change to safeties and of course his safety game is great stuff.
      Ding on the other hand isn't to recognise. After playing so well the two last years and only losing to a dominant Selby I really thought he had those lapses left behind. But with suddenly being the favorite the pressure has probably become to immense.

Good stuff from Wilson. I was sure he is the more complete player than Allen right now, but that the man from Northern Ireland with his firepower and his routine would make this a really close match.

Comment

• Hawkins in one of the few players who could lose after being 11-5 up. Ding has already lost the game in his mind, so he'll return on the table without any pressure. I hope we'll watch a close match.
        Very nice guys both of them, maybe too nice for this game...
        Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

• If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Hawkins gets some stick on here for the same reason Perry does. Because they play the percentage game and are unspectacularly solid.

Hawkins has proven he has the game to go far in this tournament, and in recent years, one might say he's been unlucky to drawn against eventual champions in the quarters and semis.

I really don't see any player left in this draw that can beat the Hawk this year. He's getting better and better, session by session and I can see why he's second favourite with the bookies.

He's playing the best snooker of his career to boot.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
            Wilson and Hawkins leading 11-5 and going to win., extremely disappointing results.
            Only in your opinion of course
            Last edited by jrc750; 2 May 2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
              If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Hawkins gets some stick on here for the same reason Perry does. Because they play the percentage game and are unspectacularly solid.

Hawkins has proven he has the game to go far in this tournament, and in recent years, one might say he's been unlucky to drawn against eventual champions in the quarters and semis.

I really don't see any player left in this draw that can beat the Hawk this year. He's getting better and better, session by session and I can see why he's second favourite with the bookies.

I'm with you on this. Hawkins plays just great. Again and again in the Crucible.
              I think though as stated before, everybody who is left can win this tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
                If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Nope, nothing to do with that. Hawkins plays good, until he cracks under pressure. Nothing to do with percentage.

Comment

• this is for Barry to lose now, - so far no signs of his crumbling like in the past
                  has he worked through that now?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    this is for Barry to lose now, - so far no signs of his crumbling like in the past
                    has he worked through that now?
                    We will see in the next match. An issue so far for Hawkins was keeping his level over several matches.
                    In 2015 he beat Neil Robertson in a fantastic match, but then ran out of gas against Murphy.
                    In 2016 he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in a fantastic match, but then lost to (an admittedly great playing) Marco Fu. But if I remember right Hawkins was not playing well in the first session.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      We will see in the next match. An issue so far for Hawkins was keeping his level over several matches.
                      In 2015 he beat Neil Robertson in a fantastic match, but then ran out of gas against Murphy.
                      In 2016 he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in a fantastic match, but then lost to (an admittedly great playing) Marco Fu. But if I remember right Hawkins was not playing well in the first session.
                      yep - all remembered and as I say, has he learnt from those experiences?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Judd v Williams final, battle of the lefties

Comment

• That's one of the worst matches I've ever seen by Ding.

Comment

• Spectacular clearance by Trump in frame 10 to go 7-3.

Comment

• Wow. What a costly miss by Higgins on that respotted black after that mistake of Trump.

Comment

• So Hawkins is over the line and Trump pulling away. Quite a surprise to me that Ding collapsed so heavily.
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X