No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a frame consisting the respotted black. Missed the straight forward black did Higgins. It was more due to the crowd shouting than pressure.
    Last edited by fkhan; 2 May 2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Pretty pathetic attempt from Ding this morning, he was missing everything by a mile and never looked like he had any fight in him. Oh well, at least Hawkins played really well and will definitely be a big factor in the remainder of this Championship. :smile:

John Higgins twitching a little on the other table as well. I never expected him to miss that black, let alone miss it by as much as he did. Can Trump keep it up for once and not falter when Higgins inevitably starts coming back?

Comment

• don't think Ding has it in him to ever win it. pressure will be greater with each year that passes and pressure at the worlds is his biggest issue. hard to catch when he's ahead but he doesn't mix it well enough with the best match players when he isn't

Comment

• If Higgins hadn't missed that black it would now be 5-6 instead of 4-7.

Comment

• Or 6-6....

Shame that I'm out, watching Judd juddering under pressure has a certain...

Comment

• Ding doesn't need Terry as a mentor/coach. He needs some Chinese speaking professional sports psychologist so he will fully understand and absorb the advice. No disrespect to Terry, he had 2 players in his corner today Ding and Hawkins, how is he going to be not bias in his mentoring them. Ding needs a Chinese Steve Peters.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                If Higgins hadn't missed that black it would now be 5-6 instead of 4-7.
                That's quick maths

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  That's quick maths
                  Yeah, thankfully I had a calculator.

Comment

• I've been feeling this tournament hasn't really caught fire, and I think it's because there's only been a couple of really close battles - O'Sullivan's comeback vs Maguire, Trump vs Wakelin and Murphy vs Jones were great, but generally it's been one player building a heavy lead and not getting caught.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      I've been feeling this tournament hasn't really caught fire, and I think it's because there's only been a couple of really close battles - O'Sullivan's comeback vs Maguire, Trump vs Wakelin and Murphy vs Jones were great, but generally it's been one player building a heavy lead and not getting caught.
                      Yeah, so far it's a bit underwhelming. But Trump - Higgins could be a close match now.

Comment

• I cant c trump winning another frame..
                        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

• Five frames in a row for Higgins. The safety game is making the difference right now. He hardly gives Trump a chance and puts him under pressure permanently. Higgins' break-building is still far from his best, but at the moment his tactical game is good enough to make up for it.

Just as I write this Higgins gifts Trump an easy chance.

Comment

• Good match this all square now I hope Judd beats Horrid Higgins .......;-)

Comment

• Really good session. The way things were going, even from 7-3 up, I think Judd will be relieved he didn't end up 9-7 down. Hopefully they both produce the goods this evening.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Only in your opinion of course
                                Yes, of course only in my opinion. Why on earth would I be posting someone else's opinion? I would be surprised if many on here wanted one sided quarter finals no matter who won, which is the most disappointing part of the results even if I also predicted Allen and Ding to win. I have nothing against Wilson or Hawkins, they both can play very good snooker.

Comment

Working...
                                X