No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There go our close and exciting matches out the window.

Comment

• Very unwise decision by Ding here. Why does he go for that difficult pot? Just play a good safety.
      A mistake he made many times in this match already. Too impatient.

Comment

• Ding is destined not win the World Championships. I thought it was his year... He has to win 8-1 tomorrow. I don't see that happening...
        Last edited by ken147; 1 May 2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• What an excellent session of snooker from Barry Hawkins, leads Ding 11-5, I can't see Ding coming back from that score. On that form Barry Hawkins will take some stopping, and could lift the famous World Trophy on Bank Holiday Monday.
          Last edited by Mr Snooker; 1 May 2018, 08:34 PM.
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Really dull...

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
              So annoying hearing peoples phones ringing and there must be notices saying to turn them off or on silent. They should plant someone in the audience for the purpose of letting his phone ring and the ref kicking him out. Then maybe everyone would be less likely to do it. I wonder how many times people are going to shout out "RONNIE!!" over the next few days.
              There aren't notices actually, but Rob Walker tells everyone during the warmup and frankly it should be bloody obvious.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
                Interesting that Hawkins seemed so unfancied to beat Ding going into this match. Looking at their h2h it's all level at 7-7, but Hawkins has a 2-0 lead in longer matches (both World Championship wins).
                Ding as never beaten Barry Hawkins in the World Championship in 2006 he lost in the last 48, 10 -6 and in 2013 he lost at the quarter final stage 13-7 and the Referee was Terry Camilleri, who is also the referee in this years quarter final between Ding and Barry Hawkins.
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Well, it's not Ding's year obviously but Hawkins played some decent stuff there. At 8-5 he seemed a bit fragile Hawkins but suddenly got going again and Ding just sunk deeper and deeper. I have a feeling that Hawkins might go all the way this year.

Wilson also building a good lead for tomorrow. Obviously not over yet but 10-5 is a comfortable lead.

Maybe the other matches prove to be a little closer. Carter - Williams could go into a decider I feel... If Williams and Trump won it would make a great SF line-up for me.

Comment

• Kyren is going to be extremely difficult to beat.

Comment

• One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that there was a left handed player in each quarter-final. Must be the first time that's ever happened.

Comment

• very disappointed with Ding

Ding is Done

Comment

• A surprising evening for me. It was looking like we would get four very interesting matches, but that middle session so often proves to be a crucial one...

Disappointing stuff from Ding, not a hint of the form that saw him dominate against Xiao and McGill. I don't know, maybe becoming one of the big favourites this early in the tournament has put some additional pressure on him and he just hasn't been able to handle it. We've seen this from him the past, you expect him to win and he just plays incredibly underwhelming snooker. Then he suddenly starts playing well again when everyone has forgotten about him... Good stuff from Hawkins though, he took full advantage of Ding's problems and looks solid as a rock at the moment. But if anyone can get himself into trouble from 11-5 up, it's Hawkins. I think that was the scoreline he had against Dominic Dale in the quarter-finals four years ago, then played very poorly the next day and actually went 12-11 behind. I think Ding will need to apply some pressure for that to happen though, and he just hasn't been doing that so far.

Very impressive stuff from Wilson this evening as well, took the maximum out of the session really. He doesn't appear to have any weakness at the moment, and he clearly wants it as much as anyone. It's tougher to see a comeback in this one. :smile:

Also pleasantly surprised by Trump this afternoon, he played better than what I saw from him in his first two matches. Getting in front against Higgins has never been a problem for him though, his problems usually start when Higgins starts coming back at him...

Comment

• shattered my hopes. bummer to see him lose.

All my favorites are out now...... No more emotional investment.

Out of the lot tho - I would prefer Kyren to win it just so he can have that confidence of getting over the line and we can see something more from him next season with this title in his belt.

Comment

• I'm losing interest in this competition as time goes.

I have tickets for the semis and Sunday sessions - my mate is so gutted Ronnie is out, he doesn't even want to go to the final. Might have a spare ticket for both sessions - row 10 approx. - would have to sit next to me, but PM me if interested!

Comment

• Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
                                shattered my hopes. bummer to see him lose.
                                Bummer to see who lose?
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X