2019 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Welsh Open

Zhang Anda beats the world champion in his home country, next match he is on table 8.... just saying :wink:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Next huge upset. Ursenbacher takes out O'Sullivan 4-2.

Comment

• Never saw that result coming . Seem him practice a few times , as he is sponsored by the club I play at . But he has taken his game up a couple of notches to beat Ronnie . Well done Alexander .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• 2019 Welsh Open

superb performance by Alexander
          going to have to wait till the Worlds probably for the 1000th

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Never saw that result coming . Seem him practice a few times , as he is sponsored by the club I play at . But he has taken his game up a couple of notches to beat Ronnie . Well done Alexander .
            Yeah, haven't ever seen Alex play that strongly. He was a bit shaky in the last frame, missing two good opportunities to win and I already thought Ronnie would punish him, but that's normal, when you are just a few balls away from your biggest win yet.

O'Sullivan on the other hand could hardly pot a long ball for most of the match.

Comment

• Does anyone else get the impression O’Sullivan gets a bit of a buzz losing to these young up and coming players? I find his attitude to them a little sycophantic. He tapped the table for the Swiss guy who just beat him, more times in that one match that he has done in his entire career for his peers and the players from his era.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Does anyone else get the impression O’Sullivan gets a bit of a buzz losing to these young up and coming players? I find his attitude to them a little sycophantic. He tapped the table for the Swiss guy who just beat him, more times in that one match that he has done in his entire career for his peers and the players from his era.
                Yes, as far as I'm aware Higgins and Selby are just about the only players he shows any real respect for.
                Last edited by crocodile; 14 February 2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Even though Snooker isn't a physically demanding sport compared to others, it's hugely mentally demanding

The top players are starting to taper now before the World champs. Just like a marathon runner tapers his training before a marathon

The top players want some match practice but they don't want to win too much over the next month and a bit. They want to be fresh as Frack come April

the slightly lower ranked players because they don't win as much will continue to take whatever wins they can

Comment

• Just had to go to a meeting for a few moments and missed the second half of Saengkham's 147. The second already in this tournament. Anybody else thinks there happen way too much maximums these days?

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                      Even though Snooker isn't a physically demanding sport compared to others, it's hugely mentally demanding

The top players are starting to taper now before the World champs. Just like a marathon runner tapers his training before a marathon

The top players want some match practice but they don't want to win too much over the next month and a bit. They want to be fresh as Frack come April

the slightly lower ranked players because they don't win as much will continue to take whatever wins they can
                      That's true. Most of the time the top players just use the last two or three tournaments as a test of form, but don't give every percent to win the title. Though it's possible to still fare well at the Crucible with some good runs before as Selby prooved, when he won the China Open and the World Championship back to back in 2017.

Also over Best-of-7 there simply many things can happen. It's just such a short distance and of course a good chance for the lesser ranked players to beat the higher ranked ones.

Comment

• 2019 Welsh Open

anyone know the max prize fund and highest break money for the Welsh?

obviously shared now

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          anyone know the max prize fund and highest break money for the Welsh?

obviously shared now
                          15.000 + 2.000

So 8.500 for both of them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            Just had to go to a meeting for a few moments and missed the second half of Saengkham's 147. The second already in this tournament. Anybody else thinks there happen way too much maximums these days?
                            The meeting could not have been that important, could it?
                            :wink:

Maximums are still rare enough and special enough - the perfect frame - to still be honoured highly
                            And no I don't think there are too many these days - yet

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Maximums are still rare enough and special enough - the perfect frame - to still be honoured highly
                              Not from my point of view, but I was afraid my boss would see this a bit different. But honestly I rather miss a maximum than a close frame in an important match.

So you got your third live maximum today?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Not from my point of view, but I was afraid my boss would see this a bit different.

So you got your third live maximum today?
                                YEP!

but who's counting?
                                :biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                                X