Clear All

• 2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Snooker_Shoot-Out

Luca and Shaun Murphy the only top players playing which is a shame

I also saw Kyren Wilson & Stuart Bingham amongst that line up

Comment

[QUOTE=jrc750;974768]I also saw Kyren Wilson & Stuart Bingham amongst
      Barry Hawkins there.
      Last edited by Nifty50; 18 February 2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I think it's rather a shame that this is a ranking event.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          I think it's rather a shame that this is a ranking event.
          I think it's a shame that it's an event.
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

I think it's a shame that ya'll think its a shame
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I can't wait for this. I've gone from hating it to loving it. Okay, so it's a ranking event and almost certainly shouldn't be, but is that really any skin off my nose? No. It is what it is and I think it's great.

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Snooker_Shoot-Out

Luca and Shaun Murphy the only top players playing which is a shame
              That is a shame. I wonder why? There were plenty of 'faces' last year.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                I can't wait for this. I've gone from hating it to loving it. Okay, so it's a ranking event and almost certainly shouldn't be, but is that really any skin off my nose? No. It is what it is and I think it's great.

That is a shame. I wonder why? There were plenty of 'faces' last year.
                I think it´s because it´s a toss of a coin. Nearly every player on the tour can win it. They can all play one visit snooker, and if you get 30 points ahead you´re very close to the winning line. I remember Dave Harold and Peter Ebdon struggling with the format but most of the players easily adapt.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

It's good for lower ranked players because they have as much chance as any to win

Comment

Only good to watch with the sound off , and that's a struggle even then !
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Ok I know it's not proper snooker, but the shootout can only be good for snooker, taking it to a wider audience and drawing more people who wouldn't normally watch because it's fun.

You have to view it in a similar way to "Big Break" where there are a few laughs and a much more light hearted spirit. I'd agree it shouldn't remain a ranking event but can understand that was necessary to get initial attendance up to more than Zero!

Week in week out serious tourneys is great for us fans but it's not going to draw anyone new to the game. This might....You don't have to watch it but you should probably appreciate it's healthy for snooker.

They should use the Rasson table for this event too.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Ok I know it's not proper snooker, but the shootout can only be good for snooker, taking it to a wider audience and drawing more people who wouldn't normally watch because it's fun.

You have to view it in a similar way to "Big Break" where there are a few laughs and a much more light hearted spirit. I'd agree it shouldn't remain a ranking event but can understand that was necessary to get initial attendance up to more than Zero!

Week in week out serious tourneys is great for us fans but it's not going to draw anyone new to the game. This might....You don't have to watch it but you should probably appreciate it's healthy for snooker.

They should use the Rasson table for this event too.
                        Agree with the above and also the use of the new Rasson table.
                        The event exists and doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon...
                        So roll up your sleeves, get on with it, make the money and take the points!
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

What is so special about the Rasson table?
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I refuse to watch it out of principal. It should be boycotted and / or removed from the snooker calendar. It encourages people "In real life" to shout when a player is down on a shot. Bad practise. Next up for me is the Players Championship, not before.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                              What is so special about the Rasson table?
                              Playing wise nothing - its more about a new look that goes with the shoot out being a new type of snooker. In my mind this attracts a newer audience who then may become interested in "proper" snooker which is healthy growth for the sport.

Both can survive well together and feed each other....
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X