No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Judd does it with a session to spare. What a season this would be. If Higgins wins he will retire.

Comment

• By the way, it is possible already to buy tickets for next year. It is current schedule, then fortunetaly, Robertson and Foulds idea to reduce the semi were not heard, at least for next year

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
        By the way, it is possible already to buy tickets for next year. It is current schedule, then fortunetaly, Robertson and Foulds idea to reduce the semi were not heard, at least for next year
        Going quite quickly as well.

It won't be done anyway.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Okay, the match now has the potential to be a lot more one sided than I'd hoped, but I enjoyed the second session almost as much as the first one, for different reasons obviously. It was probably the most determined and concentrated session Trump has ever played, and the ridiculous potting was back as well, so he would have been incredibly difficult to play against even for a stronger version of Higgins. In fact, Higgins looked like he would have a good session himself with the way he started, but he just got worse and worse over the course of the evening as Trump put the pressure on. It was actually quite similar to what Higgins did himself in the second session of the finals against Selby and Murphy in 2007 and 2009 respectively.

I was surprised by how quickly the three pundits on Eurosport agreed the match was virtually over though... Have they learned nothing from last year when Higgins was also seven frames behind at 14-7? Or the year before when Selby was six frames behind and even won with three frames to spare in the end. It's simply too early to call it over no matter which players are involved, but especially with this pairing and all of Higgins' previous comebacks against Trump. Things could still happen.

That said, I do hope Trump continues to play as well as he did tonight, which would surely be enough to take the title. :smile:
          You could argue as well, havenĀ“t they learned from this week. John Higgins hasnĀ“t been cruising to the final but been hanging on with the outmost of his nails in most of his matches.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Trump can't take his foot off the gas. Higgins can still come back at him

I am sure his brothers and others will refocus him for today

Comment

• Imagine, just imagine if Higgins came out and played his equivalent of a session like Judds last night.

Comment

• what a double red !

not to be
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Oh, John, John, John!
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Unbelievable !!

Comment

• How can you pot a red like that and miss the follow up black.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                        Imagine, just imagine if Higgins came out and played his equivalent of a session like Judds last night.
                        That would be the greatest comeback ever. I think commentator said that no one came back and won from such position
                        Last edited by kibo; 6 May 2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          what a double red !

not to be
                          Such a shame. Judd's reaction to the double was nice to see. I don't think I've ever seen him looking so relaxed.

Comment

• What a start! Amazing stuff...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              Such a shame. Judd's reaction to the double was nice to see. I don't think I've ever seen him looking so relaxed.
                              it was very nice to see, and both look good this morning

I said it before, I do think JH is the best double taker on the tour at the mo
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Trump have changed his strategy from yesterday. I donĀ“t know why he is doing this. He is playing more conservative, I think this strategy only he should do it against ROS, but against Higgins, and taking into account that his aggresive strategy yesterday was profitable...

Comment

Working...
                                X