Just come from from bargain booze...
    Wasn't enough liquor in the house to fully commit to the rule of your game
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Unrelated, but can someone please tell me if the top 16 auto-qualify for all ranking tournaments? I ask this because in the game Snooker 19, I constantly find myself up against the likes of RO, NR et all during the qualifiers, which seems odd to me. Is this correct?
      Years ago they used to qualify for the venue stage by default, but not anymore. Most ranking events have 128 players involved in the 1st round (sometimes that's played at the main venue, but more often the qualifiers are played weeks in advance), and if you are ranked in the bottom 64 you can draw O'Sullivan or Robertson in your opening match. That's how it works in real life at least. :smile:

Comment

The way Martin is playing right now reminds me of the second session of his match against Robbo in 2010. I would love to see this year's first decider!

Comment

Whatever happened the little shelf the star tables had near the baulk line on either side for players to put their extensions on? That side view of the table with Maguire breaking showed they're not on this table. They were in some tournaments earlier in the season.

Comment

I think an aerial camera angle just above the table would be good. Since, some existing camera angles can be deceiving. What do you people feel?

Comment

For a minute i thought that Tian guy was using a cue i sold a year or 2 back to a Chinese buyer, an old parris paragon. Pretty similar looking stick he has.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                I think an aerial camera angle just above the table would be good. Since, some existing camera angles can be deceiving. What do you people feel?
                Would certainly get more use than that pocket cam they insist on installing that only get occasional use.

Comment

Totally agree, nice cue BTW.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Years ago they used to qualify for the venue stage by default, but not anymore. Most ranking events have 128 players involved in the 1st round (sometimes that's played at the main venue, but more often the qualifiers are played weeks in advance), and if you are ranked in the bottom 64 you can draw O'Sullivan or Robertson in your opening match. That's how it works in real life at least. :smile:
                    Thanks. Looks like they got it right then.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      Totally agree, nice cue BTW.
                      It was, still in China i think. The guy who bought it had it up for sale about a week after getting it, 58.5 was too long for him it seems.

Comment

Well, not a bad first day of World Championship I must say. Enjoyable Williams vs Gould, monster Robertson (not sure Georgiou is still that happy he has played at the Crucible for the first time), Macguire has his usual look kind-of-angry-but-maybe-it-is-just-my-impression... has Tian been paid to wear Calvin Klein underwear or he has just forgotten his belt?

Comment

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                          Well, not a bad first day of World Championship I must say. Enjoyable Williams vs Gould, monster Robertson (not sure Georgiou is still that happy he has played at the Crucible for the first time), Macguire has his usual look kind-of-angry-but-maybe-it-is-just-my-impression... has Tian been paid to wear Calvin Klein underwear or he has just forgotten his belt?
                          I was thinking the same but then again, I doubt snooker is really Calvin Klein's target audience so the forgot his belt explanation is probably just as likely.

Comment

Originally Posted by ManiaMuse View Post
                            I was thinking the same but then again, I doubt snooker is really Calvin Klein's target audience so the forgot his belt explanation is probably just as likely.
                            ...but then again, if CK was targeting a market, it surely would be China... and guess who's watching Tian play? Huh, right? Right?
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                              I signed up and it did take a bit of working out how to get it working.
                              I signed up gave my location as UK and used Google.co.uk to bring up the BBC website. Signed up on BBC gave my old location postcode and blocked location and so far it's working, so thank you Mr. Stony

Comment

Interesting interview with Williams yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X