X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 mins for this shot Williams, really

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      many a time we comment on a commentator mispronouncing a player's name, often with a Chinese or Thai player, but a British commentator mispronouncing a British player name?!
      Johnson - "Gold" for Gould (as in cooled)
      Joe Johnson is terrible. I have no idea why Eurosport continues to employ him. Get some new blood in there. Same with the BBC. Thorne is out, Virgo is being phased out and Dennis Taylor should be next.

Comment

lovely black by Gould
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
          Joe Johnson is terrible. I have no idea why Eurosport continues to employ him. Get some new blood in there. Same with the BBC. Thorne is out, Virgo is being phased out and Dennis Taylor should be next.
          get McManus onto the ES team

Comment

lovely black by Gould
            Yes, the safety before that was not good.

Comment

get McManus onto the ES team
              I think he was for a while a couple of years ago or last year. At least I seem to remember that. Now he's on ITV and BBC coverage like Hendry. Foulds and Hallett are tolerable, but Johnson really needs to go. The problem is that none of the younger guys still on tour seem to be very good. Ebdon is probably going to be OK, but the few others I've heard are quite bad.

Comment

2019 World Snooker Championship

playing my own game here....every time Dennis Taylor says "doesn't matter about the (insert colour of missed ball) " I have a slug of beer....p*ssed before noon on a Saturday......

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  I think he was for a while a couple of years ago or last year. At least I seem to remember that. Now he's on ITV and BBC coverage like Hendry. Foulds and Hallett are tolerable, but Johnson really needs to go. The problem is that none of the younger guys still on tour seem to be very good. Ebdon is probably going to be OK, but the few others I've heard are quite bad.
                  I meant get him (McManus) on and keep him

Comment

Can’t wait to get down there next weekend.

Comment

McManus is probably the only BBC employee that knows what is going on week in week out on the tour. Not sure why Eurosport only ever used him as a stand-in. Remember him running around the Crucible with a hoover a couple of years ago? 😂

Comment

Just an FYI for those of you in continental Europe. Eurosport Player has both BBC feeds in addition to the normal feed with commentary in your country's language. At least that's how it is here in Poland.

Comment

At last! They finally appear to be using some kind of third-eye, ball-spotting technology for when the ref needs to replace balls.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            At last! They finally appear to be using some kind of third-eye, ball-spotting technology for when the ref needs to replace balls.
                            They have paid the money and brought over the Chinese system that has been used over there for some years - it is not cheap though so doubtful it will be used across all events.

Comment

what to do, what to do, want to listen to McManus but have to suffer Virgo; or go back to ES? augh!

Comment

They have paid the money and brought over the Chinese system that has been used over there for some years - it is not cheap though so doubtful it will be used across all events.
                                Bout time.

what to do, what to do, want to listen to McManus but have to suffer Virgo; or go back to ES? augh!
                                Aw, I love JV. It's not snooker if he's not there.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X