X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Maybe it is the characters that is missing from the game in general . I watched since the early 80's , so we were blessed with characters back then .
    A select few, many of them manufactured by Barry Hearn for Matchroom. What was James Wattana's personality? Perrie Mans? Mike Hallett?

Tell me Mark Allen and Mark Williams aren't characters, or Liang...

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Originally Posted by nevets View Post
    Yeah, but he's a Proud Dad though, so we must respect the boring c***.
    Nevets , can't be using language like that .

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Maybe it is the characters that is missing from the game in general . I watched since the early 80's , so we were blessed with characters back then .

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    No worries mate.

Btw C'mon Gary! If it was up to me I'd like to see him go through all the way and win it this year.
    +1 To that!

What I really enjoy seeing in a player, is the hunger in their eyes to win and the tenacity to believe that they can!

Gary has that in spades, looks like he knows how lucky he is to be there and what a great opportunity he has to go further.

I've no doubt Carter will try and help him out, by whining and getting spiky about the rub of the green etc etc.... Fairly certain Gary will revel in all that nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    There's a trump special, deep screw shot miss by a foot then fluke it somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    For the stat nerds (if there are ones aside from me):
    Higgins plays his 15th Crucible quarterfinal today. He ties Steve Davis and Jimmy White for the 3rd place with this. Hendry has 19, O'Sullivan 18.

With Gary Wilson and David Gilbert there are two quarterfinalists, who are making their debut at this stage at the crucible whereas we didn't have a single first time quarterfinalist in 2017 or 2018.
    Last edited by JimMalone; 30 April 2019, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    It's the snooker world championships...
    What's there NOT to like?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    109, 86, and a 134 from Garry to go 4 - 3 up, C'mon bonny lad!

-
    It’s a pisser missing my afternoon snooker everyday, but if G Wilson can hold his nerve that’ll make things better. And if Gilbert can see the other Wilson off, even better!

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Sorry if my reply sounded sharp, daffie. It wasn’t meant that way. I was just qualifying.
    No worries mate.

Btw C'mon Gary! If it was up to me I'd like to see him go through all the way and win it this year.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Oh yes, it's been absolute rubbish hasn't it. Far too many giant killings, exciting comebacks, and close matches for my liking as well. And there were only 30+ centuries in the 2nd round.

Seriously, what is it you people want from snooker?

-
    It’s rise in popularity over recent years is a double-edged sword. It’s a little like back in the 90s when they tried to attract a younger audience to classical music by manufacturing scantily-clad girl bands playing Vivaldi on electronic violins. No one seemed to realise that all this did is attract them to that style of CM, not the traditional stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    An attempt at humor from my side...a poor one at that.

And I agree...snooker is not the same without Hazel.
    Sorry if my reply sounded sharp, daffie. It wasn’t meant that way. I was just qualifying.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    109, 86, and a 134 from Garry to go 4 - 3 up, C'mon bonny lad!

-

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I think Ding is the king of twitching under pressure though, his eye always looks like it's going to explode. :smile:
    Good point, he has had that for years now.
    So many oddities we've all noticed...... gonna analyse myself now

Leave a comment:

• kibo
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I think Ding is the king of twitching under pressure though, his eye always looks like it's going to explode. :smile:
    I had that eye twitching thing because of my job too so i feel for him. At least the stress didnt take the better of him as he has great career.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Selby has also developed another habit, he has a frequent mouth twitch when under pressure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X