2019 World Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    I disagree there, Un Nooh has plenty of class and is the most talented of the asian players, just lacks the experience of playing in finals. This will give him a leg up for sure and I look forward to him coming of age in the near future.
    Look at how long it took Trump to compete at the top level.
    He seems like a really nice guy, so I wish all of that were true, but unfortunately I don't quite share your optimism. His tendency to miss easy balls for no apparent reason has been there throughout his career, so I don't think one appearance in a major final will do a lot to fix that. We all thought reaching the SF of the International Championship four years ago would be the start of better things for him, and until this week that didn't really happen, so this run to the final is no guarantee either. He is also not a particularly young player anymore, although that doesn't seem to matter a lot in snooker these days.

As for Trump, he won a major ranking event at 21 and was UK champion at 22, six years after he turned professional, so I don't think this comparison is a particularly good one. Gilbert would probably be a better inspiration for Un-Nooh, as someone who came from way down the rankings to become a top player in his mid 30s.

Comment

All Un Nooh needs to be the full package now is a mentor in his corner who can trim the rough edges off his tactics . he has all the talent in the world , I love watching him play , his fluidity reeks class

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
        All Un Nooh needs to be the full package now is a mentor in his corner who can trim the rough edges off his tactics . he has all the talent in the world , I love watching him play , his fluidity reeks class
        +1 to that!! Love watching him play and if he continues in this vain and gets someone like TG to help him, he will win big! He has proven he has a lot of bottle too I think in this Tourney. Nothing but praise for his fighting progress.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
        X