No announcement yet.

PTC Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurosport leave the snooker for curling, brilliant...
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      Eurosport leave the snooker for curling, brilliant...
      Especially when they kept on about how much more snooker there was to go and what a late finish it was heading for. :-(

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Especially when they kept on about how much more snooker there was to go and what a late finish it was heading for. :-(

-
        Exactly, bloody curling is on Eurosport hd and the normal Eurosport, 2 channels, what's that all about..

Deemed such a second class sport still, pisses me off..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Mark Allen out now as well, he'll be pleased no doubt, looked like he had a previous engagement to keep. (Wonder if his Mrs knows her... :-D)
          I guess you're talking about him very visibly looking at his watch every few minutes ... nah, I suspect he was just worried he might miss the curling on Eurosport

he said a few words to Joyce as they shook hands after the match which is always good to see ... assuming they were nice, along the lines of "well played, good luck in the rest of the tournament" ...

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
            Exactly, bloody curling is on Eurosport hd and the normal Eurosport, 2 channels, what's that all about..

Deemed such a second class sport still, pisses me off..
            That is so harsh and certainly not true. Firstly Eurosport are the only channel that is broadcasting every single event on the snooker calendar, its the likes of BBC and ITV that are treating the sport like a second class event, without Eurosport you wouldn't be able to watch any of these events!

Secondly Eurosport has a number of sports it transmits and has a european audience which it has to be fair to. Not everyone likes snooker, there will be some curling fans or fans of other sports that find their sport has been delayed for the snooker so it certainly doesn't treat other sports any better. Also like to point out that Eurosport broadcast from 9.30am yesterday morning, non stop until about 10pm. AT least 12 hours continuous, uninterrupted coverage, give them some credit!!!

Comment

Mark Allen out now as well, he'll be pleased no doubt, looked like he had a previous engagement to keep. (Wonder if his Mrs knows her... :-D)

-
              I wonder though if he would be "up" for it...with all the yawning

He remains a very annoying bloke at times..definately not one of my favorite players.
              Last edited by daffie; 16 December 2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                ....Not everyone likes snooker!...
                WHAT?! Who and where are these heretics? I want them boiled in oil! ;-)

Seriously though, you're quite right and I'm sure throts is just as grateful for Eurosport coverage as I am, it's just a bit frustrating when they quit while there's still snooker being played. They didn't even continue to broadcast on their dedicated snooker channel on the Eurosport player, which I was surprised at. But as you say, generally they do a great job and I'd be lost without them.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                  I guess you're talking about him very visibly looking at his watch every few minutes ...
                  Yes, that and the constant yawning, all done very blatantly. I may be a bit old fashioned but I find that sort of off-table behavior disrespectful and rude.

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                  he said a few words to Joyce as they shook hands after the match which is always good to see...
                  Well that's fine, but it doesn't expunge his earlier rudeness as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  He remains a very annoying bloke at times..definately not one of my favorite players.
                  Yes I know what you mean, I'm trying hard to like him, but he's not making it easy.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Yes, that and the constant yawning, all done very blatantly. I may be a bit old fashioned but I find that sort of off-table behavior disrespectful and rude.
                    Exactly. This was my first reaction as well and posted it as such, but later edited my post.

Yes I know what you mean, I'm trying hard to like him, but he's not making it easy.
                    Indeed...hoping he'll grow up a bit soon.
                    Last edited by daffie; 16 December 2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Young Anthony McGill is in the semis and seems to have found a nice bit of form!
                      Hope he goes onto win the event especially the fact he uses one of my cues!
                      Lol
                      He's had a good few results on the way beating bond 4-1.
                      Yeah seems a lot of top players simply can't be bothered with these tournaments.
                      They seem to forget how lucky they are to be making a living playing the game they love.
                      It's all good for the likes of McGill who are trying to break through.
                      Great experience.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds Joyce difficult to watch?

His mannerisms are so slow around the table. At least Ebdon has an energy about him.

Comment

I would have to agree with you on that..... he is very methodical around the table!!
                          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Methodical is a very diplomatic way to put it.

Comment

Attaboy Kenny!

Comment

Well played Anthony McGill....... he's just beaten Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-3!!
                                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                                X