No announcement yet.

2012 Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Iranian world amateur champion who was to sweep all before him aand make the top sixteen in 2 years seems to be pulling out of evrrything
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

How much is the entrance fee for these tournaments? More than a PTC I suppose.
      http://snooker147blog.com

Comment

Lee Spick on the stream tonight against Aditya Mehta - first time Spick's ever been on 'TV' I think. Will be interesting to see as I remember him from back in the juniors and he was ridiculously talented, O'Sullivan-esqe. Back then many thought he would be a world champion one day but he never produced it as a pro.

And Brecel v Plodding Rod!

Should be a good evening.

Comment

Mehta 5 - 2 Spick

Spick looked very nervous to me, playing shots very quickly with little consideration. Understandable - he's playing in front of cameras for the first time. Still, when he relaxed he made some nice breaks, 40+, 60+. Ultimately though, he strikes me as one of those players who can't perform under pressure.

Plod 3- 3 Brecel current score

Comment

Brecel takes it to a decider....!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

He may be THE PLOD... but he's a fine player.

Great (if a little protracted) 85 break in the decider. Took the young kid to school!

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
                He may be THE PLOD... but he's a fine player. Great (if a little protracted) 85 break in the decider. Took the young kid to school!
                I watched Brecel/Lawler tonight up to 3-3 and I also watched a Lawler match during the Wuxi qualifiers and I really don't see any problem with Rod Lawler ...

He seems to me a good match player, considers shots and will take on "do or die" shots if he feels there is value in them, he certainly doesn't seem slow as McLeod always is, Ebdon can be if he's in the mood and even Neil Robertson can be on occasion ...

OK, he's not as exciting as say Trump or Ronnie so I suppose "Hot Rod Lawler" would be a misnoma but I also think he really doesn't deserve "Rod the Plod Lawler" ...

as you say FoxMulder, he's a fine player ... and I, for one, enjoy watching him play ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                  I watched Brecel/Lawler tonight up to 3-3 and I also watched a Lawler match during the Wuxi qualifiers and I really don't see any problem with Rod Lawler ...

He seems to me a good match player, considers shots and will take on "do or die" shots if he feels there is value in them, he certainly doesn't seem slow as McLeod always is, Ebdon can be if he's in the mood and even Neil Robertson can be on occasion ...

OK, he's not as exciting as say Trump or Ronnie so I suppose "Hot Rod Lawler" would be a misnoma but I also think he really doesn't deserve "Rod the Plod Lawler" ...

as you say FoxMulder, he's a fine player ... and I, for one, enjoy watching him play ...
                  in frames they were actually faster than the advani/astley match it was 4-3 when the 5-1 finished
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

hes actually not slow getting down he just has an extremely slow cue action hes down on the shot 10 seconds before he pauses

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                      in frames they were actually faster than the advani/astley match it was 4-3 when the 5-1 finished
                      I guess Hot Rod may get his reputation for slow play because he doesn't often kill frames off in one visit ... hence a safety battle as his opponent fights back, hence long frames ...

LittleMissAlexa, do you know how many centuries Rod has scored in his career? I could Google it but you probably know the answer off the top of your head

Comment

62 in his 23rd season average 2.70

Comment

hes actually not slow getting down he just has an extremely slow cue action hes down on the shot 10 seconds before he pauses
                          yes that's true ... at one point, I thought the stream was stuck, he held the cue at front pause for an absolute age ... mind you, he did get the really difficult pot into centre with reds everywhere so well done!

62 in his 23rd season average 2.70
                          thanks LMA and that seems to support my not killing off frames theory ... is there anyone lower than a 2.70 average that you know about? Say having played on the tour for 10 years or more ...

Comment

there's one in the top 32 Marcus Campbell 48 centuries in 22 years 2.18 Rory the plod is one hundreth ahead in average at 2.71 (57) Dermott McGlinchey of northern ireland ex tour player turned pro 22 years ago and is yet to make a century break Joe Delaney is another Joe made 18 centuries in 20 years average a terrible below 1

Comment

yes that's true ... at one point, I thought the stream was stuck, he held the cue at front pause for an absolute age ...
                              On numerous occasions watching Plod I've been about to reload the stream thinking it had frozen, when in fact it hadn't.

And yet - like Ebdon - he can play well at a reasonable pace. One wonders why they don't speed up more often as both seem to play better when they do (especially Ebdon).

Comment

there's one in the top 32 Marcus Campbell 48 centuries in 22 years 2.18 Rory the plod is one hundreth ahead in average at 2.71 (57) Dermott McGlinchey of northern ireland ex tour player turned pro 22 years ago and is yet to make a century break Joe Delaney is another Joe made 18 centuries in 20 years average a terrible below 1
                                gosh, thank you LittleMissAlexa ... Rory McLeod doesn't surprise me but Marcus Campbell certainly does - he seems quite capable of hitting loads, I don't know but I'm wondering if he does as Mark J Williams used to do - get to 80 and then play exhibition shots instead of trying for the ton ... I'll try to watch out next time I see Marcus play ...

Comment

Working...
                                X