2012 Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
    On numerous occasions watching Plod I've been about to reload the stream thinking it had frozen, when in fact it hadn't.

And yet - like Ebdon - he can play well at a reasonable pace. One wonders why they don't speed up more often as both seem to play better when they do (especially Ebdon).
    hes perfect when you system is buffering as you wont of missed anything
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
      hes perfect when you system is buffering as you wont of missed anything
      He's had a good start to the season though, and he's provisionally 65th now.

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
        He's had a good start to the season though, and he's provisionally 65th now.
        By quite a way maybe last season was a wake up call Dave hendons error though was saying he already played in q school this season technically q school was last season
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Technically, Q School is in-between seasons surely?

Comment

you need to work out what season it is in for season century tallies the only other tourny where they count in may is the worlds hence it was last season this season started in june

Comment

As an Australian and avid snooker fan, I know how important the Goldfields Open is to Australian Snooker. To have 7 of the top 16 drop out including numbers 2 - 3 - 4 & 5 plus Ronnie will certainly hurt attendance with the tournament being in the second year of a three year contract. I hope it doesn't affect it being an ongoing fixture.

Comment

Originally Posted by pearce View Post
                As an Australian and avid snooker fan, I know how important the Goldfields Open is to Australian Snooker. To have 7 of the top 16 drop out including numbers 2 - 3 - 4 & 5 plus Ronnie will certainly hurt attendance with the tournament being in the second year of a three year contract. I hope it doesn't affect it being an ongoing fixture.
                yes, I think it's very disappointing too ... I don't know if it's to do with the ranking points on offer or the prize money or simply the travelling distance for UK based players but it's a shame World Snooker couldn't have incentivised the players more - presumably with prize money or an appearance fee (for every player!) to make it worth their while ...

it takes two to tango ... whilst World Snooker is keen to say that players should support tournaments at new venues abroad, equally World Snooker could put the financial incentives in place to make it a no-brainer for players even if that particular tournament ran at a loss ...

on an aside, I'd love to visit Australia ... I'm a bit of an astronomy nut and I dream of seeing the southern night sky, it's supposed to be a lot more impressive than our northern one ... so I'd be happy to come although my high break is only 31

Comment

Australia doesn't have the money or the ranking points of the CHinese events, so if you feel like dropping one of the long flight events off your own personal calendar it is a no brainer.

They can't force players to play it and with the disappearance of ranking points next season, the only way this is going to survive is if they can double the prize money.

It is a shame too as countries like Australia should have a ranking event. Having said that, I also believe it is a crime that with all the tournaments around now, Thailand doesn't even get an APT to its name with the amount of support for snooker they have there.

Comment

Cao yupeng finishes with a lovely century the first of the day and only the 3rd of qualifying (we had three 136s by this stage in wuxi qualis)

Comment

How did world snooker decide which non tour players would play in the Australian Golden fields Open qualifiers, I don't think it was decided on last seasons order of merit from the PTC events, because both former tour players Lee Spick and Jeff Cundy started off in round 1

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      Can anyone answer why some of the non MT players are included in the draw, for instance Mitchell Mann? Is this a PTC event, I don't see the point in having a MT card if players who didn't qualify can enter events like these otherwise?
                      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                        How did world snooker decide which non tour players would play in the Australian Golden fields Open qualifiers, I don't think it was decided on last seasons order of merit from the PTC events, because both former tour players Lee Spick and Jeff Cundy started off in round 1
                        Q School order of merit

Comment

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-3 Adam Duffy

Comment

What would happen if one of the non main tour players where to win the event

would they remain on the tour for the rest of the season or get an automatic entry on to next seasons tour
                            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

the guy at the top of the q school order of merit is on the tour for the season replacinbg stephen hendry 2nd place is on for as long as joe jogia is suspended 3rd for ronnie o'sullivans sabatical

Comment

Mitchell Mann has just made the highest break of the season so far a 140

Comment

Working...
                                X