2012 Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
    How did world snooker decide which non tour players would play in the Australian Golden fields Open qualifiers, I don't think it was decided on last seasons order of merit from the PTC events, because both former tour players Lee Spick and Jeff Cundy started off in round 1
    Were points accumulated in Q school? I recognise a few of those names as getting to the final stages of q school and falling short, or being consistant throughout

Comment

If the Mitchell Mann break stands as the highest break of the qualifiers, will he get the prize money even though he is not on the main tour.

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
      Mitchell Mann has just made the highest break of the season so far a 140
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

yes because he is covering for tour players and is professional for the tournament
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

mitchell mann is also guaranteed prize money for results aswell hes in the last 64
          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

But no ranking points I assume, should give Xiao Gudong a good game I reckon not sure on the head to head in meetings between the two players

mitchell mann is also guaranteed prize money for results aswell hes in the last 64
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Just thinking......how would a Pro feel getting beaten by a non-Pro ?
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Do non tour players earn any points to add to their Q School Order of Merit points so that when it comes to fill Hendry's place, its still open who takes it?

Comment

To be fair with the standard gap between top amateurs and lower ranked pros is a very slim one. Gotta remember that many of those non pros have only just missed out on a tour place themselves. With the short format of most competition play at the moment & PTCs providing a means for top amateurs to play alongside pros I guess they're going to expect to lose now and then. I know Mitchell Mann beat Shaun Murphy in the PTCs last year.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Oops, just realised you probably meant in terms of losing in a pro ranking event. I guess it would be kind of gutting to lose out on ranking points due to non tour players being in the draw but I guess it would have been stipulated in the rules so tour players would have to expect the chance that they could come up against non tour players
                  Last edited by CueInAction; 13 June 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Conversely how would a pro feel if he lost his tour place / top 64 place etc because his main rival got a walkover to the next round and he had to play a tough match.

This is different from Wildcards where players are not chosen on merit but instead on nation or popularity, these players are in the draw on merit.

The Q school results dictate that these players are officially the best players in the world not on the full circuit and so are best suited to fill the gaps left in the draw.

My only thought with regards to Australia though is that since ranking points aren't an issue, only prize money does this mean it is in an amateur's best interest to lose in the final qualifying round?

Comment

What I would like to know is - with talk of next season's (2013/14) MT players being decided by money earned - if non MT players this season do well and earn money will they automatically get on to the MT. If that is the case it is well worth making up the numbers this season.
                      I have tried to find the qualifing criteria for Season 2013/14, as players need to know what to do this season, but I don't think it's been finally decided. Any clues anyone?

Comment

Originally Posted by chasmmi View Post
                        My only thought with regards to Australia though is that since ranking points aren't an issue, only prize money does this mean it is in an amateur's best interest to lose in the final qualifying round?
                        Not really.

I know it's expensive to travel to Australia but what amateur would pass on the opportunity to play in the Last 32 of a world ranking event?

Comment

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                          To be fair with the standard gap between top amateurs and lower ranked pros is a very slim one. Gotta remember that many of those non pros have only just missed out on a tour place themselves. With the short format of most competition play at the moment & PTCs providing a means for top amateurs to play alongside pros I guess they're going to expect to lose now and then. I know Mitchell Mann beat Shaun Murphy in the PTCs last year.

EDIT:

Oops, just realised you probably meant in terms of losing in a pro ranking event. I guess it would be kind of gutting to lose out on ranking points due to non tour players being in the draw but I guess it would have been stipulated in the rules so tour players would have to expect the chance that they could come up against non tour players
                          i think its fairer than byes byes are extremely unfair

Comment

james warren white has pulled out

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
                              Not really.

I know it's expensive to travel to Australia but what amateur would pass on the opportunity to play in the Last 32 of a world ranking event?
                              I know that argument and I personally agree with it, but if 7 professionals are happy to pass on the opportunity...

Comment

james warren white has pulled out
                                Is that because he has sold his cue ??

Comment

Working...
                                X