The China Open starts on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    I don't watch much snooker. I prefer to play. In fact I don't have a TV- I dislike TV. Having said that sometimes I see coverage in a bar sometimes.

The camera techniques are not as good as you get with coverage by, for example, the BBC. Fortunately I am not treated to an English language commentary which is a plus!
    Well, to answer the question I got asked earlier, I have a week off this week. Maybe I'll watch some in the pub. Though, I don't know what pubs would open for the 11:30am start.

Comment

I have no idea. I don't understand any Chinese so really couldn't express an opinion.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Philip, what are the Chinese commentators like? Any Favourites or those to avoid?
      王可

Comment

I've been watching McGill vs Ehsan. Both men are struggling at the moment.

Comment

They are, but there has still been some interesting stuff, with a couple of frames going down to the colours. :smile:

Dott is taking command on the other table, just at the right time...

Comment

What Country does Heydari Eshan come from he's the playing playing Antony McGill in the wild card round
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

'
              Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
              What Country does Heydari Eshan come from he's the playing playing Antony McGill in the wild card round
              He's Iranian..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Enjoying the McGill vs Ehsan match. I know it's scrappy. That's what I like about it.
                It more like the kind of games I play with my mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  Enjoying the McGill vs Ehsan match. I know it's scrappy. That's what I like about it.
                  It more like the kind of games I play with my mate.
                  McGill will have to play much better against Mark Allen, won't he?

Comment

Decent start. :smile:

I'm looking forward to the Liang-Lu match now... Since his 2009 Shanghai Masters final, Liang has more often than not failed to reach the venue in the Chinese ranking events, and he's never got past the last32. It's funny in a way, Lu has actually appeared more often recently, and he of course reached the last16 in this tournament last year. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                      McGill will have to play much better against Mark Allen, won't he?
                      If he plays like that then it's going to be a very quick match for Allen.

Comment

Not seen any of the play yet but Jimmy Robertson 142, 126 & 121 in his first match, obviously playing well

Comment

Good stuff from Liang Wenbo in the last two frames. He is certainly a very strong scorer once he gets going. But how long will it last? He played a very solid match against Ryan Day in Wales, but then went out against Stevens in the following round...

Comment

Well played Robert Milkins, potted some terrific balls!

Comment

Yeah, good win for Milkins over John Higgins, he won two close frames on the colours at a crucial time in the match, then immediately took control of the decider. I'm sure Higgins will feel like he threw it away though, he had so many chances... It was similar to his losses against Davis at the UK and Murphy at the Masters. That makes it three matches he's lost from a winning position this season, which is very unusual for him. As is losing in 1st rounds against the lower-ranked players such as Cao, Doherty or Lines. It's not looking good ahead of the WC... :smile:

Ebdon against Campbell is still going on, as expected. They're only at the start of the 7th frame after three and a half hours. :wink:

Comment

Ebdon didn't look happy at the end of the match. Any ideas on what he was saying? Poor table conditions as suggested by the commentator?

Still, I know how he feels. I had an easy black jump out of the pocket last weekend to get knocked out of a semi-final.
                                Grrrr. Still, I did hit it too hard really.

Snooker can be a cruel game sometimes.

; )
                                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X