No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's getting the run he was asking for.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
      Trump's getting the run he was asking for.
      care to elaborate, I don't see any run here whatsoever?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        HEHE, you two obviously play a substandard version if you need to ask the difference!!!
        You said it, you explain it. Being crap, which I am, doesn't mean I don't understand what a fluke is!
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

certainly in ronnies absent the standard dropped immensly

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
            certainly in ronnies absent the standard dropped immensly
            I don't know about that, we've seen a 144 (selby) and a 145 before the arena from Murphy. Some very good tactical play and clearences under pressure. People have very short memories because before Ronnie won the world title last season his form had been awful for a long time, his long game was gone, he was missing easy balls and looking massively disinterested but the only memory people seem to have are of him winning the world title where I agree he played very well.

Comment

I don't know about that, we've seen a 144 (selby) and a 145 before the arena from Murphy. Some very good tactical play and clearences under pressure. People have very short memories because before Ronnie won the world title last season his form had been awful for a long time, his long game was gone, he was missing easy balls and looking massively disinterested but the only memory people seem to have are of him winning the world title where I agree he played very well.
              at the end of the day, thats the tournament which counts most.

btw he wasnt playing badly at the start of the season, but the opponents got some luck (Judd trump at the UK, hamilton at the shanghai masters)

then it turned at the german masters where ronnoe got very lucky in the first round against andrew

after all he won, 2 ptcs, the PL, german masters, Worlds

hardly a bad season

he was playing very good stuff
              Last edited by Masterdoctorgenius; 13 February 2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

care to elaborate, I don't see any run here whatsoever?
                If Selby had been playing, I bet you would've...

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                  at the end of the day, thats the tournament which counts most.
                  but you are comparing every tournament and standard with the world championship when in fact that was the only tournament Ronnie played well is last season. Ronnie could well be playing and trust me the standard would not be any higher if he were. sure on his day he is the best but consistant, not at all. with his talent he should have eclipsed all of Hendry's records but he hasn't and probably never will. Its actually very degrading to every other player if you think that the standard by Ronnie cannot be matched by other players when the likes of Higgins and Selby have as good a record against him as anyone, even trump who is relatively inexperienced has a better win record against him.

Comment

Felt sorry for Dale. It was a close one. I could see him sitting in his seat wondering how he lost that.

Comment

If Selby had been playing, I bet you would've...
                      well yeh, duh!! Mr Luck has never had a bad run of the ball in his life, in fact I think I'd have a heart attack if he actually did have one game whereby his luck ran out.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                        Felt sorry for Dale. It was a close one. I could see him sitting in his seat wondering how he lost that.
                        He didn't lose it to be fair. trump played very well under a lot of pressure from behind. Could have been very easy for Trump to give up but I think the turning point was the frame at 3-2 where Dale was in the balls and played a poor positional shot on the black. He played a snooker but Judd escaped it well and then got a chance and won the frame. After that Trump I think knew he just needed one good chance to win the frame and he did enough in that last frame despite the kick and losing position on the pink.

Comment

Trump got back into it by fluking that red in the 6th. It's a little thing at the end but that's the kind thing that he was talking about after his first match, I guess. Dale had chances and he'll be kicking himself, for reason. Trump's got to get better, though, if he wants to win it but I guess it was a little better than against Dunn...

Comment

Good to see Trump holding his nerve and playing more sensible shots. Once he calms down and stops showing off, he can be a force. Watching the Walden/Ford game now. Every time I see Walden play, it baffles me how he sees the shot when he is cueing. He gets his head so low and angled in. He looks so unorthodox but he can play and I can't so I'm not one to judge!
                            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Trump got back into it by fluking that red in the 6th. It's a little thing at the end but that's the kind thing that he was talking about after his first match, I guess. Dale had chances and he'll be kicking himself, for reason. Trump's got to get better, though, if he wants to win it but I guess it was a little better than against Dunn...
                              What kind of fluke was it? His standard wallop the ball miss the pocket by a foot and have it drop in elsewhere? The commentators oddly enough the other day were talking about a game where he played dale and had a fluke on a ball to win it, same as i described. History repeating itself?

Comment

Too bad Dominic lost to Trump. I'm still watching this match atm and oh joy...my favorite eurosport duo Hallet and Smith Will have to suffer through it I guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X