Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Sounds good enough to me. And Fu - Allen seems to be a repeating match-up...it's not that long ago they played each other. What was it...in Germany? Edit : it was the UK.

Good match to look forward to...
    Never got to see a ball of if in the end, I had to go out for a few hours. Enjoying the Higgins v Doherty match though, worth a watch when you get home IMO.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Never got to see a ball of if in the end, I had to go out for a few hours. Enjoying the Higgins v Doherty match though, worth a watch when you get home IMO.

-
      Cheers for the heads-up Pat. Watching this one as we speak First frame still...nice battle on the colors.

Comment

Here we go with this evening's session then, always tempting to go channel hopping when there's two matches to choose from, but I think I'll stick with the McManus v Hawkins match for now and see how it goes. Lets hope we get our first decider of the tourney tonight ay. :smile:

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Murphy with his hands full against Advani who I've been very impressed with. Watched him once before and thought he was a good player but tonight he has shown to have a very good all round game.

Comment

Murphy is going to lose this.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              Murphy with his hands full against Advani who I've been very impressed with. Watched him once before and thought he was a good player but tonight he has shown to have a very good all round game.
              Yes a great player. It was quite clear that he had tried to be in the finishing stages of big tournaments before in the last frame. He was in control all the way and kept his head cool and made some great pots along the way. I think we´ll see him rise fast in the rankings. Murphy was a bit unlucky that he left the last red open after an otherwise fine shot, but again a great pressure pot to seal the match.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Cheers Barry, nice one, well done mate.
                Oh, and thanks for the revamped live scoring with the scores reduced to a small box surrounded by loads of crappy adverts, another great job there.

-
                Why make it smaller? Geez, c'mon Barry . . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

well done Advani, smashing win.

Nice lad i see him practicing down at the Star Snooker Academy in Sheffield, looks like all that practice with the pros has paid off.

there are a few Indian players now coming through, Aditya Mehta the top Indian snooker player too. and there are a few young players who will soon be breaking onto the seen.

i think its good that Asia now has taken an interest in snooker, and with the Chinese leading the way it looks like the future of snooker will be in their hands.

alabbadi

Comment

well played Advani and (I believe) his highest pro break (121)
                    it was a good match with both playing well and an enjoyable one to watch.
                    great safety as well as some cracking long pots
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great win for Advani. I spotted straight away that he avoids power shots, just keeps it as simple as possible.

Needs more cue power though and you just feel that it will catch up on him..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        Great win for Advani. I spotted straight away that he avoids power shots, just keeps it as simple as possible.

Needs more cue power though and you just feel that it will catch up on him..
                        his billiards playing gives him great cue ball control with fine finesse but yes his lack of power did let him down once or twice last night.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Gotta love Dominic's entry lol! :snooker:
                          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

does anyone think that this years Welsh Open is becoming of lesser importance to the top players, it seems that some of the older pros have got into the last 32 this year who we haven't been seen for some time, the likes of Alan Mcmanus, Ken Doherty, Dominic Dale.Alfie Burden, and then there are new faces like Pankaj Advani, Sam Baird, Craig Steadman and Gerard Greene who are not regulars in the finals of these events.

i think myself its great to see new faces and some of the older pros back in form and on our screens, however is the quality the same, not sure?

what does everyone else thisk?

Comment

I think the facts that the season is so long now that its impossible to maintain your best form throughout so therefore on occassion you will see some of the bigger names go out earlier than normal. Don't forget this event is seeing the top 16 come in a round earlier than normal and also a best of 7 makes this more like a PTC rather than a major ranking event. Apart from the likes of Selby and possibly Ding nobody else seems to be playing at or anywhere near their best form so its to be expected you will see shocks. However I also think that some players are deliberately holding back until the crucible, you can't go on playing well without a dip so perhaps its a planned dip whilst they prepare for sheffield.

Comment

not sure about that, i just think that the game is at it's most open now with nobody dominating and last season every ranking event was won by somebody different and that's been the case this year too.

anybody on the tour could put a run of matches together to won an event today, that wasn't the case when Davis and Hendry were dominating

should be easier to maintain form with all the match practice available

Comment

Working...
                                X