No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw...the upcoming matches schedule has no matches scheduled for tomorrow. That's not right, is it?

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=24&season=2012
    Last edited by daffie; 13 February 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Btw...the upcoming matches schedule has no matches scheduled for tomorrow. That's not right, is it?
      Try this link and scroll down a bit to where it says "Round Two".

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=219

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Perry seems to be playing very well, Selby looks to soon be 3-0 down. Will we see another of his crazy comebacks?
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I hope he can. Totally out of sorts today. I'm one of his rare fans by the looks of things.
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Try this link and scroll down a bit to where it says "Round Two".

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=219

-
            Cheers Pat.

Btw can't believe Dale lost...he is now 3-1 up in frames, amongst the balls and only 20 points behind
            Last edited by daffie; 13 February 2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Lol, so am I Perry has outplayed him though to be fair.
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

He certainly has and fair pay to Perry. Gutted for Selby but I think he left his snooker chalk at home!
                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  Felt sorry for Dale. It was a close one. I could see him sitting in his seat wondering how he lost that.
                  Yes that's also the way I saw it, he threw it away really and I reckon he'll be kicking himself.

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  He didn't lose it to be fair. trump played very well under a lot of pressure from behind.
                  I think 'very well' is stretching it a little. He only had 1 break over 50 and that was his 55 in the final fraame. In the end he did what was needed, just about.
                  EDIT: He actually had a 55 and then a 50 in the final 2 frames. Even so...

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  ...he did enough in that last frame despite the kick and losing position on the pink.
                  About that kick, was that the one where he had the butt of his cue raised because he was cueing over another ball? If so, on the replay you could clearly see the white jumping all over the place long before it made contact, so you could argue that it was really a self inflicted kick, after all, he put the cueball there and played the resulting shot. Or am I being a little harsh?

But I do agree with cueman in that he did well not letting his head drop when things weren't going his way, which is always good to see.

-
                  Last edited by PatBlock; 13 February 2013, 07:32 PM.
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                    Gutted for Selby but I think he left his snooker chalk at home!
                    He totaled 54 in the match.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Is Trump getting paranoid? Post-match inerview :

"Players are changing their game to play slower against me," said International Championship winner Trump. "Dominic was too slow for himself and it caught him out towards the end. He usually goes for his shots but he took no chances today. Some players have a game plan to slow me down and hope I lash out. A couple of years ago I would have panicked in that match, but I showed patience today."
                      I don't think Dale was that slow today. Ok, I wasn't sitting in Trump's chair but hey, don't think it was really a scandal.

Comment

• Hmmm, interesting day down zooport...

Gutted for dale, if he was a bit more attacking/more confident on a few shots he woulda won that match, he give it too judd in the end really.... judd int very clever when he don't get his long pots, can see he's in two minds these days whether to play the shot or play safe and is struggling for it a bit i feel, he will probs find an happy medium in a a season or 2.. (maybe)..

And selby, he never turned up did he , not taking anything away from joe, he was on it straight away and started well and a good win for him....

Ding looked to be playing well on the other table, never seen much though so will catch up with that later...

Selby's missus looks much better in the flesh than on TV eh... exchanged a couple of words with her today,
                        I'd like to smash a few balls around her angles aye....

Rock on tomorrow, off to check the schedule now..
                        Last edited by cally; 13 February 2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• So Trump's whining about slow play. For me Dale was playing with his normal pace today. By no means was he slow. Unbelievable...

Comment

• Whinging is he, you could see him maoning to himself in his seat...lol

dale was no way slow today, judd just didn't like dale trying too do his head in with safety play trying too force mistakes, it worked for a while too..

Comment

• lol dale is in the commentary booth as soon as he lost the match

what a charachter. to be able to commentate after that loss

Comment

• What match was he in the 'booth' for ?

scratch that, i just realised it started again...
                                Last edited by cally; 13 February 2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X