No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great long red and position from Murphy there.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Originally Posted by nrage View Post
      Go Smurphy! Go!
      He is playing smurf-tastic . . . well, except for those in-offs

; )
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Frustrating by Hawkins, he's let a good position in the session slip and behind now

Comment

• Murphy now doing a Selby, missing by miles and leaving nothing. May as well put his name on the trophy now, seems like luck is the prevailing factor that wins titles these days for certain players.

Comment

• Wow...what a frame to pinch for Shaun!

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              He is playing smurf-tastic . . . well, except for those in-offs

; )
              I think my comment jinxed him... tho he just squeaked that last frame.
              "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
              - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Quite poor from both players really, particularly Trump. He could go well behind if he doesn't improve. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Wow...what a frame to pinch for Shaun!
                  It did seem a bit of a risky pink . . .
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Murphy now doing a Selby, missing by miles and leaving nothing. May as well put his name on the trophy now, seems like luck is the prevailing factor that wins titles these days for certain players.
                    Luck may be the only differentiating factor between players these days - the skill levels are so high/similar. That said, luck will eventually even out over time. Perfect example just now, Murphy had some luck last frame, Judd got some at the start of this one.
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Trump looks very frustrated, I wonder if he'll accuse Murphy of slowing down if he loses?

Comment

• Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                        Luck may be the only differentiating factor between players these days - the skill levels are so high/similar. That said, luck will eventually even out over time. Perfect example just now, Murphy had some luck last frame, Judd got some at the start of this one.
                        Over the course of a season luck may even itself out but over a session or duration of a match I don't think so. As you said luck can determine the outcome of matches and for me right through this tournament I feel Murphy is having a better run, almost like his name in destined to be on that trophy.

Originally Posted by carlosportsman View Post
                        Trump looks very frustrated, I wonder if he'll accuse Murphy of slowing down if he loses?
                        I think with some justification too. He is definitely playing more slowly today and is aware of Trumps frustrations. Obviously Murphy knows that he would struggle if Trump was confident and in top form so is perhaps using some gamesmanship in order to keep Trump out of the game. Shame players resort to tactics like this which is why they will never be popular like Hendry, Ronnie, or Trump for instance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          It did seem a bit of a risky pink . . .
                          Yes it did. Trump all over the place now...Murphy's keeping his cool.

Comment

• Originally Posted by carlosportsman View Post
                            Trump looks very frustrated, I wonder if he'll accuse Murphy of slowing down if he loses?
                            hahaha

trump playing miserable, can see him going out

murphy not at his fluent best

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              Over the course of a season luck may even itself out but over a session or duration of a match I don't think so. As you said luck can determine the outcome of matches and for me right through this tournament I feel Murphy is having a better run, almost like his name in destined to be on that trophy.

I think with some justification too. He is definitely playing more slowly today and is aware of Trumps frustrations. Obviously Murphy knows that he would struggle if Trump was confident and in top form so is perhaps using some gamesmanship in order to keep Trump out of the game. Shame players resort to tactics like this which is why they will never be popular like Hendry, Ronnie, or Trump for instance.
                              Yeah I would agree with Trump in this instance, Murphy is being methodical more and more in this session,

Comment

• that situation there was purely down to luck again. Murphy lucky to catch the yellow is such a way that he couldn't pot the red over the middle. He took on a very tough long red, brought the white back up the table but another red came back up sitting over the middle pocket. He is trying to make things happen but every mistake he makes he is not getting away with. Murphy has missed more balls but got away with nearly everyone. Its a very cruel game at times and there is not a lot Trump can do about it other than hope that luck turns around but I fear its too late now because Murphy is not likely to let a big lead slip again like he did against Dott.

Comment

Working...
                                X