X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    I hope he wins too . . .

C'mon Barry !!!!!
    I will ditto that, had a small amount e/w @ 80/1 on him so fingers crossed for a final place

Comment

• Originally Posted by carlosportsman View Post
      I will ditto that, had a small amount e/w @ 80/1 on him so fingers crossed for a final place
      I have a fiver on him at 80/1 too . . .

: )
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Yeah mine was £2.50 e/w so fiver in total, I do think he'll be hard pressed to beat either judd or ronnie the way they are playing but think he has a good chance of getting to the final if he keeps ding at bay better than King did

Comment

I really splashed the cash, £1 each way on Hawkins & Walden @ 70/1 & 80/1

Didn't really expect either with a decent chance to get there but they're both much better those odds suggest

Comment

• I expected four really strong quarter-finals, but it's really only the second quarter where the two big players have come through. There is no reason why it couldn't still be a good round though... :smile:

Ronnie O'Sullivan v. Stuart Bingham: O'Sullivan is obviously the favourite here. While he hasn't been as deadly from distance as last year, he still has his great scoring ability, winning frames in one visit when the chance is there, with only the occasional mistake. He also seems willing to compete and fight for it, even playing on for several snookers when the balls are favourable. Does Bingham have the firepower to compete with him? Well, if he plays as well as he did at times earlier in the season, then yes, he does. But he hasn't really shown his best form in this tournament so far. Maybe the last few frames against Davis will just give him some momentum... He doesn't have the same psychological disadvantage against O'Sullivan as Carter does, having beaten him in a two-session match at the UK Championship a couple of seasons ago. If there is a chance to take O'Sullivan out, I expect Bingham to come close. Having said that, O'Sullivan finished strongly against Carter, just as he did against the likes of Williams in the past, playing a strong third session. I think he will prove too strong over three sessions, winning something like 13-9.

Judd Trump v. Shaun Murphy: The two top players who haven't disappointed so far... This should be the match of the round really. Trump has probably played his best snooker since the International Championship, producing a run of high scoring in the middle of his match against Fu, then finishing strongly in the third session as well. Murphy has also responded well at the business end of his match against Dott, as Dott applied the pressure, coming back from behind. I think Trump has more firepower than Murphy at this point in time, and I think he will do the damage if Murphy has a mediocre session. Also, Murphy's performances at the business end of tournaments this season have been suspect at times, particularly against players around him in the rankings. Trump to win 13-8.

Ricky Walden v. Michael White: Obviously Walden is the seeded player here, and he must start as favourite, especially since he is a tournament winner this season. He picked up frame after frame against Holt, with unremarkable but efficient snooker, and he did the same in parts of his match against Milkins. He made a couple of good breaks under pressure towards the end, so I expect him to handle the occasion pretty well in this match too. He does give chances away though, and White was taking them very well against Williams and Poomjaeng. The question with White is, how will he play against another player in good form? Because, let's be honest, his previous two opponents failed to really put him under any pressure. Can he handle the Crucible atmosphere when he has to face a setback? He might do, but I still think Walden is the favourite, perhaps a nervy 13-11. :smile:

Ding Junhui v. Barry Hawkins: It's not that surprising to see Hawkins here, after another good win over Selby. But the thing is, it was a pretty scrappy, hard-fought battle with little fluency for most of the match, not really the kind of snooker that saw Hawkins win the Australian Open. Selby wasn't punishing his mistakes, but I think Ding most likely will. Ding's scoring has been very impressive so far, particularly in the second session of his match against King, and I'm not surprised King thinks Ding will be hard to stop here. But scoring aside, the supporting elements of Ding's game haven't been that great. He was outplayed in the safety against King, and his shot selection was suspect at times, such as going for an ambitious cannon onto a plant in the 8th frame when things weren't going for him, rather than keeping his discipline. Hawkins is a very solid tactician and a very patient player, well used to those nervy final few frames in long matches. I think he will make it close, but ultimately I think Ding will just have too much for him, 13-10. :wink:

Should be a good couple of days. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
              I really splashed the cash, £1 each way on Hawkins & Walden @ 70/1 & 80/1

Didn't really expect either with a decent chance to get there but they're both much better those odds suggest
              I would agree, both ranking event winners this season, could be a semi final match up so you'll be guarranteed a return in that case

Comment

• Stephen Hendry this morning. 'Judd's left Shaun a chance at this Medium Range Long Red' Can anyone explain to me what an Medium range long red is?!

Comment

• Originally Posted by carlosportsman View Post
                  I would agree, both ranking event winners this season, could be a semi final match up so you'll be guarranteed a return in that case
                  If Walden gets to the semis vs Ding I'll probably lay off 25 onto Ding to guarantee a win. If Hawkins plays White I'm gonna cross my fingers & let it run the distance

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                    If Walden gets to the semis vs Ding I'll probably lay off 25 onto Ding to guarantee a win. If Hawkins plays White I'm gonna cross my fingers & let it run the distance
                    I think that is a smart strategy, I am interested to see how White gets on today, might be a bit fresher than Walden but hard to know if that will be a factor

Comment

• Miscue by Ding, it doesn't happen to me only at least

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                        Miscue by Ding, it doesn't happen to me only at least
                        Surprising start really, Ding's had chances and not taken them and Hawkins is mopping up the chances he gets

Comment

• Nothing going right for Trump at all again this morning. Murphy getting away with a few misses in the first frame, two kicks for Trump when in amongst the reds and the last frame before the interval he smacks into the pack off the blue and knocks a red in leaving Murphy in again to win. For all those that think Trump is lucky I really wish they would remember all these instances where things don't go for him which seem to happen more than any flukes he may get.

Comment

• Go Smurphy! Go!
                            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                            - Linus Pauling

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              Nothing going right for Trump at all again this morning. Murphy getting away with a few misses in the first frame, two kicks for Trump when in amongst the reds and the last frame before the interval he smacks into the pack off the blue and knocks a red in leaving Murphy in again to win. For all those that think Trump is lucky I really wish they would remember all these instances where things don't go for him which seem to happen more than any flukes he may get.
                              Well said, I would never say Trump is lucky, snooker as a game has an element of luck involved at times, I am critical of Trump not acknowledging a fluke though, I know it doesn't make the opponent feel better but it is the done thing in my eyes

Comment

• Well done Shaun...a 3-1 lead into the interval. After the first awkward frame and a couple easy balls missed, he got into a nice rhythm. Long may it continue

Comment

Working...
                                X