2012 Wuxi Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Happy to see Williams play solid snooker, not spectacular but solid with a few 50 odd break. Ford made it easy for him, though, he struggled with the table very badly.
    Yes, and now that Murphy is out as well, it's a really unimpressive lineup in the last16. A great chance for some of the qualifiers to have a really good run.

In a way it's a shame for Williams and Allen to meet so early, because they are two of the strongest players left in the tournament now. This pairing could easily have been the final.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Yes, and now that Murphy is out as well, it's a really unimpressive lineup in the last16. A great chance for some of the qualifiers to have a really good run.

In a way it's a shame for Williams and Allen to meet so early, because they are two of the strongest players left in the tournament now. This pairing could easily have been the final.
      Yes, but there's 4 first round matches left. Including Trump, Lee, Maguire and Dott. Don't see any surprises coming from there, my guess is that all four seeds advance. All of them are strong players.

So interesting tournament still ahead, IMO, and presumably it gets better and better what comes to quality. I've been positively surprised how fast the tables seem to play, it hasn't always been the case in Chinese tournaments. I don't know tough the conditions are otherwise.

Comment

Anyone see the Murphy / Doherty match ? Did Ken play well or was Murphy poor . 5-1 is a bit of a drubbing for someone as consistent as Murphy .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Anyone see the Murphy / Doherty match ? Did Ken play well or was Murphy poor . 5-1 is a bit of a drubbing for someone as consistent as Murphy .
          If his Twitter Feed is anything to go by, Murphy Played poorly. lol.
          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I saw some of it. Murphy had chances but didn't play very well. Ken was better that I've seen him play for a long time.
            Last edited by Looki; 27 June 2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Cheers chaps . Surprising result as i don't think Ken played particularly well in his 1st match .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hair.

Comment

did joe johnson just say judd is good rest aswell as left handed
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                    did joe johnson just say judd is good rest aswell as left handed
                    Wouldn't know, there is no sound on Eurosport2 at the moment, and a couple of minutes ago the draw graphic came up over the picture of the table.

Not bad from Trump, some solid breakbuilding so far.

Comment

rod lawlers first ton of the season and the high break of 129
                      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

the plods match isnt the slowest it was either 2nd or 3rd to the mid sesh considering whos dominating thats not too bad

Comment

A terrific clearance from Lawler to win the decider! A couple of the reds were on side cushions, but he got them all, well played.

Comment

Well, there was couple of surprises in the evening session after all. Didn't see them coming. Lawler seems to be having bit of a run early on this season, maybe q-school was a wake up call...

Comment

I remember watching the 2006 World qualifiers and, long after midnight and after many beers (me, not them!), Anthony Hamilton and Lawler were deep into a close match. There were two reds remaining and all 8 object balls were close to cushions. Lawler cleared the table to win the frame, getting it to 9-8 although he lost the next frame, and I have to say it was one of the best clearances I've ever seen.

Comment

Respect to Lawler for going through. Just saw the highlights on Eurosport 2. He kept his nerve at the end.

Good to see Ken Doherty go through too. Rolling back the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X